Abdo pain bloated stomach and eggy burpa

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I keep getting these severe abdo pains a bloated stomach and horrid eggy or sulphur burps I am at the min having these again I have been to er room as pains in the past have been so bad thy gave me painkillers and sent me home. My doctor has send me for an endoscopy still waiting in results to see if I deffo have h pylori but I have got gastritis and doctor gave me rentidine tabs to try get rid off but whilst I was having my endoscopy the report says I still had it plz help I am in so much pain with it and I am so embarrassed because of the eggy burps my poor kids and partner lol what wud u suggest do I go to a and e or ride it out I have been so tired these last 2 days all I want to do is sleep plus got pains in my back with it and got the sweats also xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Stick to a bland diet and exclude rich, fatty and spicy foods.  If Ranitidine doesn’t work ask for a PPI which are stronger.
    • Posted

Hi Pippa the pain is that bad I am rolling around on my bed in agony do u think I shud go to a and e. Oh and I have not had anything to eat today as the pain is that bad
    • Posted

Go to A & E; they may be able to give you strong pain medication. Has your doctor prescribed you any painkillers you can take at the moment?  You could try small sips of milk to see if that soothes your stomach.

• Posted

Hi.... i see little more here then gastritis young lady...little bit of anxiety here....

Do not stress and do not worry... your family loves you and they would not mind any smell or thing.. believe in it...

Second gastritis can be caused by 3 things only....

1. Autoimmune problem

2. Helycobacter or infection some kind

3. Issue with other organs followed by specific symptoms.

Most comon is nr 2... in all cases stres doesnt help...

It depends on individual how long is recovery time... can be anywhere from weeks to year... i have it 3 months and i am maybe 1% betteryes 1%.

But i keep my head clean and i dont let anything get me of the path....

Try gluten free and lactose free... and remember it will not go away overnight.

Sorry for long msg.

• Posted

Hi thank u for reply I do habe #1 I have chronic idiopathic urticaria which means I an allergic to something but don't no what I have had all the strip tests to see eg dog/ cat hair and all other things like soil but nothing has come back to what it is. Plus I have been for an endoscopy and thy took a biopsy to see if I have this h pylori thing but these pains at the min are so bad it is like labour pains or like thy was when I had gallstones but not in the same position so don't think it is more gallstones as I have had my gallbladder removed. Do u think I should go to hospital with these pains I have had them all day and nothing has eased them

• Posted

For piece of mind i would not hesitate and go to hospital. The worsest scenario is that they send you home with gaviscon... your symptoms may indicate helycobacter.... but to be honest if you have pain and nothing makes it better please dont hesitate. And keep us updated.

Try drink cold milk....if it makes any better..

On helycobacter there are plenty of homeopathic remedies....but without diagnose i can not be much of help nor anyone here.

Take care.

• Posted

Thanks do u think maybe the eggy burps are to do with the gastritis or this h pylori thing or something else
    • Posted

Sure....gastritis... caused by h.pylori most likely
  • Posted

Hi,

So sorry that you are having so much trouble. If it were me, I would have a colonoscopy, go off the meds and start taking 1 teaspoon of baking soda in one half glass of warm water to get rid of the pain which is caused by an over abundance of gas. The med that you are on is making it worst. The baking soda is natural. It will make you belch so that you can expel some gas. Then I would get some psyllium husk at a health food store or some drug stores have it. It's a bulk building for your bowels. Mic tablespoon in juice or water. It will help keep your colon clean by relieving your bowels. To me it sounds like you may have IBS, irritable bowel syndrome. Not serious, but a nuisance. Doctors are stupid with the medicine. Never be scared to stop taking something that is harmful to you.

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with IBS since I was 11 I'm 37 now I have had IBS flare ups before and nothing like this sometimes the pain is that bad I can bit move and these eggy burps are horrid

• Posted

I have stomach bloating every other day and lot of burping , atleast 40 to 50 burps after meals.I was diagnosed with gastritis. I also have a non working gallbladder and gallstones. Doctors advising to remove my gb, but did not remove as i was feeling the issue is not caused by gallbladder ,instead its is gastritis,  as i see you have removed the gallbladder and things has not yet resolved, i think it is something to do with the gastritis.

mine went severe after i had buffet in a restaurant, from there on my burping and bloating increased. I'm eating a low fat/protein and less spicy food , and taking gaviscon and PPI like pantroprozole to reduce the acid . 

I also wonder if removing the gallbladder will solve this severe bloating and burping  or not.I'm 37 years old male, normal BMI.Only my stomach is the odd part in my body as it is always filled with gas and distended.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.