Abdomen always bloated

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone have some insight on this issue? My abdomen nearly always feels swelled up like a balloon and it's difficult to feel comfortable in certain clothes. I also have other digestive issues that could be related to it, including both bouts of constipation and loose stool. It's been this way for several years now. At one point a doctor told me to just take an osmotic laxative, which only eased stool but didn't address the bloating. I've begun to wonder if my body isn't tolerating dairy anymore.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

That could be true about milk. But you need to see a Gastro Doctor and soon!
  • Posted

Cut out dairy and see you feel better.  Other culprits are gluten, and fructose. Do you get stomach pain that moves about and improves with a bowel movement?  Go back to your doctor and ask for tests such as an ultrasound, celiac, colonoscopy.
    • Posted

Yes, the stomach pain moves but improves with bowel movement. I will take your advice and ask for tests, relief would be nice! Thank you. 
  • Posted

Have you tried carcoal tablets?
    • Posted

No, I haven't, but thank you for suggesting, I'm curious to try them. I've read that they're good for digestive troubles

• Posted

Old fashioned but good. Only problem is not to take any other medications until a few hours later,
    • Posted

Good advice, thank you very much
    • Posted

It is said that people with colitis and some other conditions should not take charcoal.
    • Posted

I've never been diagnosed with colitis and hopefully I don't have it, though I've had more loose stool recently than ever. I'll get tested to find out for sure what's going on in my intestines

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.