Abdomen Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have long standing colon pain which is said to be IBS  , there is one particular point where it hurts about 2 inches diagonally left from the belly button but when I compress the area the pain reduces , does that make sense and is it ok to compress it say with a belt bandage or tape

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jon, I used to get this sort of pain, somewhat like a long needle being pushed through the lower abdomen area.. Get it checked again, just to be on the safe side... Mine went away after some time.
  • Posted

Has your doctor diagnosed IBS and done tests?   If all tests are negative IBS can be diagnosed. IBS pain can be anywhere on the stomach and can move around.  The type of pain varies.  I have dull/deep grinding pain which also be stabbing or neuralgic.  I also get constipation and on off nausea or loose stools.  I would ask your doctor about using a belt bandage or tape.   I just use Buscopan and painkillers.

• Posted

I have been having a dull ache in my groins and both sides of my lower abdomen for a while now. I have to have an ultrasound scan in two weeks. I am really worried as to what it is. Anyone with symptoms similar to this I would love to hear from you.
    • Posted

I have pain all over my stomach.  It changes in intensity, type and location.  I get constipation, nausea and loose stools.  Sometimes the pain is under my left rib or my back.  An ultrasound, celiac test, h pylori and fecal calprotectin were all negative.  I was diagnosed with IBS.  

If if all these tests are clear, irritable bowel can be diagnosed.  However, everyone has different symptoms and do not respond in the same way to treatment.

• Posted

Can I ask where they are checking in the ultrasound? If they aren't already make sure they check for pelvic congestion or pelvic vericose veins.
    • Posted

I am having an internal ultrasound so they must be wanting to check my ovaries etc. Whilst I have been waiting for the scan the pain is gradually moving upwards to the upper abdomen and sometimes in my sides. It's not so much a pain but dull aching. Scan is on may 11th.
    • Posted

Thanks jim. I just hope it's nothing serious. Will keep you posted. M
    • Posted

Please do and it's very unlikely that it is anything serious so try to relax...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.