Abdomen Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have pain to the left side of my abdomen 3" diagonally  from my belly button, and in my groin especxually when getting into the bath.  I don't have a hernia but I do have some colon issues which probably contribute,  Its been suggested that hip flexor muscles may be the problem but do these go into the lower abdomen.  What might Ido about this

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well...have you had your hip xrayed. Groin pain can also be osteoarthritis of the hip.

just in my experience the docs thought it was hernia too but Xray showed OA. 

Just  guess....

Oh ONE question....Does the pain gradually get worse by as the day goes by?

• Posted

No doesnt really  get worse through the day, worst when standing or when I make a sudden movement and yes x rays do show somne OA in hips and back.

What k=helped you in relieving symptoms

• Posted

I have OA in hips and the groin pain became intolerable and back worsened due to the hip joint OA causing a worn out space on the ball joint , causing imbalance and hip rotation effecting my back discs. The tissue that lines in the ball joint was wearing off and threw my back out of wack. Had THR helped regain a better quality of life and cleared up the imbalance in the hip and back area. I must confess I waited  to long before I finally gave into THR surgery and ended up with a light case of scoliosis. Also have DDD in the back so been helpful to take classes with physiotherapist to help,stregthen core muscles and cope better with arthritis. One day at a time.

I hope you have been back for recient Xray of hips and back areas because OA is a progressive disease. As much as I hated to give in to total hip replacement it was the best thing I did  to get my life back and no pain. 

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.