Abdomen pains/Cramps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else that gets BOTH lower and upper Abdomen pain and cramps with IC? Every patient varies with different symptoms, curious that anyone else deals with it to? Because this is what I deal with during flare Ups.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Miranda, no sorry I don’t get UPPER abdominal pains but I do have IBS which often flares up with my IC flares.  This is quite common as the nerves that supply the bowel, bladder and pelvic organs are all bunched together at the base of the spine, so one condition will often upset the other.  However, IBS pains and cramps are usually mid to low abdomen so not sure how useful this info is for you.  I’d mention it to your health care provider though.  
  • Posted

Hi Amanda, I get the pelvic discomfort and my urethra hurts when I have a flare. I do have stomach issues but I have had that for years. You should discuss this with your urologist. Have you been tested for a uti.
    • Posted

I think I have discussed this before with my urologist last year recently. I deffs know its not a UTI because it be burning and stinging pain. And it went away and it comes and goes. I noticed with my symptoms when I take a sip of anything high sweetness like grapefruit, orange juice etc.. then Im headed to the bathroom more. Or i get a really bad flare with Abdomen pains. It just triggers my bladder wall pretty bad. So i was curious if any other patients had the same experience.
    • Posted

Hi Miranda, I definitely have problems with citrus fruits like you describe.  So much so that I don’t have them anymore.  The best advice I was given was to follow the IC diet - there is a handy app you can download with lists of bladder friendly foods and those to avoid.
    • Posted

Oh I know.. 😂 just a few days ago i took a tiny sip of the new corona grapefruit beer.. And thats all it took. It was a very super sweet taste and that when I knew.. I failed for the worst. What Kind of app is it? smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.