Skip to content

Cystitis

Also known as Interstitial Cystitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • PTNS

Hi, has anyone tried PTNS (percutameous tibial nerve stimulation) for their IC?   It’s a 12 week course and I’ve started it but just wondered what experience others have had with it?  Many thanks!

Last reply
  • IC Medications?

I am newer to IC and have been dealing with the pain since October 2017. I was diagnosed about a month ago after seeing 6 different doctors and pushing doctors to do different tests until I found a knowledgeable urologist who diagnosed me without me even mentioning IC. My urologist told me to try an...

Last reply
  • Could use any adivice I could get.

Last time I posted a few weeks back I was having a really hard time with the CI.   I started the diet, have done the DMCO clinic treatments nothing helps.  My dr treats me like I am insane that my pain is in my head.  I am at my wits end now not only my bladder hurts, feels tons of...

Last reply
  • Cranmed forte

Hiya, I have been having problems with recurring UTI’s and was wondering if anyone had tried cranmed forte?  I want to try it but was wondering if it was safe to take with the contraceptive pill.

Posted
  • Abdomen pains/Cramps

Anyone else that gets BOTH lower and upper Abdomen pain and cramps with IC? Every patient varies with different symptoms, curious that anyone else deals with it to? Because this is what I deal with during flare Ups.

Last reply
  • Bladder pressure

I've had overactive bladder for years. Have tried everything. I recently had PTNS and it worked pretty well. Sometimes I had a bad day but mostly good days. I've been on maintenance but recently have had terrible bladder pressure. The only relief is when I'm off my feet. Is there...

Last reply
  • Serrapeptase

Someone posted about being healed by taking Serrapeptase & I found it & started taking it but would like more information! Has anyone tried this? Dosage, etc. 

Posted
  • Oregano

Hi everyone, I have ic, have been diagnosed last year. Just a quick question. Has anybody have a problem with oregano. I had some on my dinner today and it just put me in a flare. This is weird because it's on a ok list for people with ic. I was just wondering. I know this isn't a major...

Last reply
  • Awful pain, fullness, pain above pubic bone

Finding all your posts may be what I have, IC. Its been 6 weeks of vaginal/anus pain, urgency and having trouble voiding, fullness and negative UTI and CT scan. Im terrified and going to uro/gyno on Wed. The throbbing in my lower parts is bad. I feel the fullness in my bladder and shortly thereafter...

Last reply
  • Confused about what foods cause flares?

So I haven't clinically been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis, however my GP is confident I have it. I am seeing a urogynecologist this Thursday for further analysis but in the mean time I thought it would be wise to explore diet options. I just have a question for those of you that are experienced...

Last reply
  • Allergies

Hi everyone, got a question. Has anyone experienced a uptick in their ic symptoms when allergy season. I was diagnosed with ic last year. During the winter months I was almost symptom free. But its spring time, my eyes are watery and I know it's the tree pollen, with this my ic decided hey don't...

Last reply
  • IC, urethral syndrome or just rotten luck?

Sorry guys, this is a LONG story. Before 2011 I had had the occasional very mild case of cystitis. Maybe once every couple of years. Then on a family holiday in the US I developed extremely painful cystitis. You cannot imagine (or some of you probably can) the burning sensation and urgency. We had a...

Last reply
  • Urinary issues

For the past year I have been having constant UTIs but the last couple months my uti test were coming out negative. So I went to see a uralogist and he didn't do any kind of testing and told me I have painful bladder syndrome. He said I have symptoms of a uti without having one.... but can it be...

Last reply
  • Butter ????

Hello everyone, was wondering if anybody got a flair from either butter or basil. Today I had a flair and the only thing that was different in my diet was butter (gluten free) noodles garnished with fresh basil. It was yummy but now I'm flailing. After going through this ic problem for a year ,...

Last reply
  • Diflucan / fluconazole causes flare

33/f 10 plus year chronic urethral pain and burning most of the time (negative UTI screens) w trace blood in urine.  as well as chronic oral thrush (not vaginal). Symptom free 2-3 months until taking a single diflucan tablet for oral thrush.  A few months back I did 3 things that worked, not...

Posted
  • Need urgent help sooo sick with pain cant eat now

Hi, new here I have been to every hospital in my area for IC for help, I get pain med's that don't do anything gone to two urologists. 4 hospitals and always sent home to rot.  my bladder spasms all day, constant urge to urinate, my bladder burns, my urethra burns like mad. No relief ever, ...

Last reply
  • Need Advice think I could have interstitial cystitis

Hope this isn't to long and someone will read all the way through to give me some advice I thank you in advance! Started in October 2017 I started feeling pain in the urethra/bladder. I have had UTIs before so I thought it could be one but deep down I knew it felt different. Went to my primary at...

Last reply
  • New Drug on horizon (maybe)

Hello everyone, Was doing some research and came across an article about the drug aqx-1125. Still in clinical trials phase 3. Sounds like it might just help us with ic. If anyone else heard about this please reply. Don't want to get my Hope's up and don't know when it will be available to...

Posted
  • Severe flares and depression? Anyone got any advice?

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm currently sitting in a bath of warm water during an early morning painful flare up of IC. Normally a cocktail of painkillers, water and a hot bath will make me feel better but now the pain is starting to "build a barrier" to these things. I'm...

Last reply
  • Nightmare few years

After suffering since I was about 16 years old with what we thought were UTI's (only one-two showed growth at the lab) I am finally being treated with weekly bladder instillations, having the diagnosis on my hospital file changed from recurring UTI's to IC. Its been very hard over the last 3...

Last reply
  • Vaccine for UTI

Has anyone on here had a vaccine jab for UTI. I am waiting for this to be done and wondered if anyone has had it done and if it works.

Last reply
  • the things that never get mentioned

I'm new to this forum, and love it. Have had countless UTIs /cystitis, one kidney infection, urine specimens sent off, pelvic ultrasounds, etc.  I'm trying to manage and have been doing well, without a UTI for 8 months -  until last week. I've made a concerted effort to dothe following......

Last reply
  • Hormonal imbalance cause frequent urge to urinate?

I had posted here before about having the constant ugre to urinate after having cystitis for the first time. I still have that urge which wont go away. It also seems like i cant hold my urine as long as i use to without having horrible bladder pressure. Im also suffering from pain in my pelvic area during...

Last reply
  • Recurrent enterococcus UTI or IC?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my situation because I'm getting to a very depressed point and seriously affecting my mental health! A year ago I started a new relationship and ended up with a very painful UTI, blood in the urine, incredible painful! It was only the second I've...

Last reply
  • Enterococcus uti

Recently been diagnosed with the above and no antibiotics helping... i have had this once before to my knowledge but managed to get rid with nitrofurantoin... had UTIs all my adult life but they have mostly been E. coli which is greatly helped by d mannose... nothing is helping this... I tried oregano...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis now cystitis

I was in the hospital over the weekend with severe diverticulitis and Sunday before I got out of the hospital they told me I have cystitis also. I have been on the pill form of the same antibiotics I was getting through my IV. I have other conditions that can contribute to this but I was wondering if...

Posted
  • Cysistitis

I am so fed up with non sympathetic doctors (some of whom women!!) It seems that Trimithroprim is actual gold dust. I used to have a stand by supply as I suffer from recurrant cystitis, often with no apparent reason. When they ask for a urine sample they just get the nurse to do a dip stick test and...

Last reply
  • Interstitial cystitis

I have had an irritated bladder for 6 years, but they can't find anything wrong, I keep getting cystitis I feel better taking antibiotics but as soon as I stop it comes back again. Does anyone else have this?

Last reply
  • Nettles

Has anyone heard of stinging nettles for cystitis? I suppose either in the form of teas or capsules? If anyone takes them do they help? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Intermittent but severe pain during/after urination

Hi, Approximately 4 months ago I started getting a burning sensation when urinating, which didn't happen every time I urinated. Sometimes, there would also be a strange odour from the urine. (The pain and smell would not necessarily occur at the same time, seemed to be completely random). In addition...

Last reply
  • amitriptyline

hello stared amitriptyline few weeks ago they started to help with the burning and frequency but unfortunately i have to put them on hold as they have made my tinnitus worse, as any body had this problem with this medication and is there a alternative to amitriptyline michael

Posted
  • benign cyst?

Hello all ....The doctor thinks I may have beingn cysts in my arm. However I always thought benign cysts were not painful. My arm is in extreme pain so now Im confused. Has anyone heard of benign cysts causing pain?

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.