Cystitis problems for 7 weeks

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi there,

im wondering if anyone can give me any reassurance about the bladder pain i am experiencing.

ive had cystitis many times before but this time it has been on and off (but mostly on) for 7 weeks. My urine samples have shown up bacteria and i have tried various antibiotics. On two occasions it seemed to clear up. The first occasion this happened it gave me respite for over a month and although i experienced some symptoms it was mostly manageable.

It has since reoccurred and i have been put on a new antibiotic, which the bacteria are apparently not resistant to. However the pain is getting worse and i am now absolutely miserable. I have not experienced pain this bad with cystitis for over 20 years.

I am terrified more than i can express that i wont be able to get rid of this pain. I am trying all the usual things of D Mannose, drinking lots and cranberry tablets in addition to the antibiotics.

My partner and family think i am being melodramatic and i have become very depressed with it all as i cant see a way out and i dont know how i can be a good mum to my daughter when i feel like this.

Thank you in advance to anyone reading this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.