What’s wrong with me? UTI or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

So I'm 17 and I have recently had some unusual symptoms. I've had a couple of UTIs over the past few years (both treated by antibiotics), but this is different. I keep getting an awful burning sensation in my vaginal area, and an almost pinching, tight sensation in my urethra. It feels somewhat like a UTI, but the difference is, when I urinate, it's completely normal - I don't experience that interrupted, painful urine stream that you would expect from a UTI. My urine is also normal in colour, but I have occasionally noticed a strange smell. I haven't been having much discharge but it's odourless and white in colour, perhaps a little thicker than usual? I am a massive over-thinker and do get a lot of health anxiety, but these symptoms are bringing me a lot of discomfort. It's also worth mentioning that I am not sexually active!

I'd really appreciate any advice, so I can do further research before telling my mum/ getting a doctors appointment. Thank you !

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi ive been experiencing similiar since i had a uti a few months ago i hope you figure it out if you get any info let me know please!

good luck

• Posted

You could have a yeast infection? Best to check with a doctor though, don't let embarrassment/being scared stop you. It's better to get checked out and get the help you need to feel better 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.