Does anyone else suffer from lower back pain and IC?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been backwards and forwards from my GP's with possible IC.....

No pain but very uncomfortable pressure, always feeling that I need to wee and only produce a small stream. I feel like I have an UTI but although I have sent numerous wee tests they seldom come back positive. I often feel unwell with it, dizzy, tired and feel like I'm just about to come down with something (no temperature, just normal). I always have a bad lower back and suffer from sciatica. Sometimes, but not very often now, my bladder is fine and when it is I find my back is better as well. Unfortunately, I have a sitting job in an office which makes it worse - I do have a standing table now.

I am waiting for an Urologist appointment but this will take weeks - I am thinking of paying for a private visit just so I can find out what is going on.

Does anyone else suffer from anything similar. I am also waiting for an MRI for my lower back as I am wondering if I have some sort of nerve problem which could affect my bladder issues.

So interested to hear what other sufferers feel like and if I am the only one.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, i suffer with IC and for the last few years but back has gave way twice! which in that period i could not walk or stand or anything for a matter of fact. I had never injured nor had problems prior and has gave me constant problems to, i also have the feeling gets worse when having flare ups of my IC. please keep me updated as i would be interested to know if there is any link as they wont send me for a mri only physiotherapy which has made no difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.