Cystitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, has anyone tried Cetirizine antihistamine tablets for IC/cystitis? I have tried every painkiller available but no joy. Have been in pain for over a year and really need something to stop the pain. I have been reading up about IC/cystitis and Cetirizine is mentioned. Regards J

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This is probably a silly question but have you tried AZO? I am lucky as my doctor makes sure I have a prescription for pyridiun (however you spell it). Not sure if this is the kind of pain you are talking about?

Deb

• Posted

Hi Debie, thanks for replying. No I have not tried Azo - never heard of it BUT it sounds as though it may help my condition. I live in Spain so don't know if it is sold OTC here - hope so as I am eager to try it. Did it work quickly for you?

Regards

J

• Posted

Not Cetirizine, i am taking Cimetidine 400mg twice per day and its working well. spoke to the pharmacist at my GP practice and she allowed me to make the change. it can be prescribed on an unlicensed basis for IC in the UK.

• Posted

Hi, I tried Cetirizine antihistamine but they do not work for me unfortunately. Tried to buy Azo but not available in Spain so have ordered some online and hope they help - in agony at the moment - nothing helps the pain. I tried omeprazole which is similar to Cimetidine but they do not help.

Regards

J

• Posted

i used to take Lansoprazole which very similar to Omeprazole and that did nothing. Cimetidine is a much older med from the 1970s that seems to work much better for me.

• Posted

Will give it a try? I have ordered Azo Tablets so waiting for them to arrive to give them a go??

Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.