Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with AAA about a month ago, I'm 46 yrs old , I had very bad stomach pain which was a ulcer but my CT Scan found this blood clot thankfully. I have to have a 7 hour surgery to put a by-pass in, but first I have to have all these test done on my heart to see if I can do the surgery, so I'm waiting results from the cardio doctor for my clearance for the surgery, I am a emotional, anxiety panic attack mess and have been since I found out about this!!! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Nutty,

I'm 64 and had AAA Open Repair last May. I also had an aneurysm on each Iliac artery which was taken care of at the same time. My total surgery time was about 12 hours.

Getting a cardio checkout I think is normal procedure. I needed a go ahead from my doctor too.

I had no serious complications after surgery and was in the hospital for 8 days. Recovery was slow . But  now after almost a year I'm fine. Wouldn't even know I had the surgery except for a big scare. Let me know if you want to talk in more detail about my surgery.

Richard 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.