abdominal bloating & other symptoms, could I have IBS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had abdominal bloating for the past week, which fluctuates throughout the day. In particular the top of my stomach is really hard and hurts when I press down on it. It has left my stomach feeling really strange and has made me lose my appetite a bit. I'm also constipated, and am struggling to burp and fart. It feels like there is trapped gas in my stomach and is making my chest feel a bit uncomfortable as well. I also do experience heartburn sometimes at night. I feel like I have put on weight but I am not sure if its just the bloating. Does anyone have any idea what this could be or what I could do to relieve the gas, because the feeling in my upper abdomen is very uncomfortable

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi janed289

Go to the pharmacy and buy 'Windeze' it will relieve the bubbles of gas that are causing the bloat...

• Posted

Pharmacies have a large selection of anti-gas products. Recommended are products that contain 125mg Simethecone.

• Posted

Hi, what other symptoms are you getting? I'm having tests at the moment, having already done stool samples 3 months ago they came back normal. what problems are you having?****

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.