Abdominal burning after H Pylori treatment

Posted , 6 users are following.

so, I have been dealing with H pylori for five months now. It all started with panic attacks, fast heart rate, shortness of breath, and feeling of being so frightened for my life r. I called the ambulance 2 times for this. I’ve been to multiple doctors as well as ER's and everyone just told me it was anxiety. Then the stomach pains began they were horrible I’ve given birth naturally and I much rather done that all over again. The pain would be so intense it had me in a fetal position on the floor, I was always nauseated but never vomited, had diarrhea or constipation, headaches, fatigue, high heart rate, itchy skin, and just a general feeling of being sickly s. I forgot to mention the constant belching and the horrible sore throat and the feeling that something was always stuck in my esophagus. Ive had countless of tests, lots of labs, a thyroid work up, CT scans of my stomach as well as ultrasound of my abdomen, I even had a brain MRI- which i follow up for that next week. I even seen cardiology and had a 48 hr Holter monitor as well as a echocardiogram, and everything seem to be OK. My labs are within normal range, b12 on the lower end as well as my ferrarin level was 12 , everyone began to think that this is all in my head and that it was only just panic attacks and depression, I am a 34-year-old female who has been mostly healthy all my life and I literally felt like I had some horrible illness that was eating the life for me, I mean i lost 35 lbs in a total of 5 months . . I finally was referred for an upper G.I. and lower G.I. scope, Was told everything looked OK besides I had gastritis and esophagitis. biopsies were taken an later confirmed HP infection.

Began triple therapy immediately, I started to feel a little bit better energy wise bit still pretty crappy . Lots of belching and my resting heart rate was over 100.

A follow up test confirmed I was still positive.

So now I just finished my second therepy and feel a lot better, The panic attacks stopped the first week after treatment, my fast heart rate seem to normalize during the treatment, the feeling that something was always in my throat has gone , i’m not as fatigued as I was before, The abdominal pain is not as bad as it was, but I’m still having reoccurring migraines that are pretty bad and a burning sensation in my stomach. I have also developed some hemorrhoids from the constant bathroom needs during treatment, which is very unpleasant as well as painful.

i’m praying that the second course of treatment has eradicated this nasty disgusting bug, But I’m worried as I still have a lot of gas headaches and the burning in my stomach.

can anyone shed some light as to when they felt better after they completed their treatment? I go in another two weeks for a follow up stool test to see if it’s gone. Thanks in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was diagnosed with H Pylori 2 years ago. I beat the blasted bug, pretty much had most of the symptoms you talk about other then the panic attacks! After I was given the all clear for this horrible bug, I still continued to have the burning pain in the stomach and severe heartburn. My doc put me on Omeprozole which helped for a short time. I was then sent for an endoscopy which I was given the all clear for cancer, H Pylori, ulcers. But the pain was still present and I spoke to my doc again so he said we dont know what is wrong with you. So now I am 2 years down the line, still in pain I have to go for a second endoscopy and see if H Pylori is back. I really feel for you this is the worst and the most nasty bug ever I have ever had. I too lost a lot of weight I dropped 2 dress sizes and I was only small to start with, it was very scary!! I hope you get on well with you problem and they find a cure for you. Sorry I cant give you any more information, I am too fighting this fight myself.

• Posted

I had a lot of problems including a burning tummy when going to toilet number twos. An acute inflammation of the gut.

I was given ppi tablets I took them for six weeks and they made matters worse.

Looking on the internet i decided to stop them altogether and follow an anti inflammation diet that seems help.

• Posted

hi! I am having similar symptoms as you and was curious if you're better now? any advice? I've been dealing with this for almost 5 months now and it's the worse I've ever felt! I'm starting to lose hope 😞

• Posted

Hi

I have hp for the second time after testing clear in 2007. After being positive I think in 2004.

So I can tell you when I started to feel better after being treated for HP. I started to feel better instantly. However, I continued to have episodes of acid burning for three years. Unfortunately the symptoms were as bad as before being treated, which made me convinced I still had it. So I think there is some long term healing with this HP.

My life went back to normal in 2008 untill 4 weeks ago. So there is a question if I was fully healed and why I had no symptoms from 2008 to 2021.

Can I ask what treatment you took and for how long when it didn't work first time.?

I have just started treatment with lanzsoprazole, ammocillcian and clarithromycin for 7 days.

My GP cant find the notes on what I was treated with first time.

• Posted

All the best with that stool treatment. Digestive systems are 3rd most important function of the body, the first being the mind and the second being the heart. Doctors help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.