Abdominal concerns - any advice or ideas - more symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I posted on this forum about 2 weeks ago about abdominal discomfort I have been having and unfortunatey I have developed some more alarming symptoms. I have been to the doctors 3 times this week and none of them had anything valid to say and didn't seem concerned so I need all the advice I can get. On top of the abdominal pains which are mainly around the left rib cage and in the back, since Thursday I have had a raging thirst and coated tongue and I am peeing a lot. I also have a headache which seems to get worse after I eat and cold hands and feet and as such, I thought I had developed diabetes. However the doctor took a finger prick test and a fasting test and my blood sugar levels were fine, which I was amazed about. I also feel dehydrated but according to the blood results, I'm not. I am very concerned it is something to do with the pancreas but the doctors haven't even mentioned it. Sorry for the long message but I am at University trying to revise for exams and so I'm desperate to find out what is going on!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Harry

YOU ARE STRESSED. Trust your doctors. Good luck with the exams. 

• Posted

Pancreas worries are very common when you are having abdominal pain; I have had them too pre IBS diagnosis. Often these days you have to ask your doctor otherwise your concerns will not be answered.  I asked one of my doctors straight out if I had a pancreas problem and I was immediately reassured when he told me it was unlikely at my age. Often, the pancreas can't be seen on ultrasounds so this can spark panic. 

• Posted

Hi harry04007

Did your doc test your urine as you may have a urine infection if your urinating alot... also mention your pancreas if it is worrying you.....also regarding your headaches try drinking more water you may be getting dehydrated. Revising for exams can cause a stress headache aswell....anything that is bothering you or you feel is a cause for concern always mention it to your doctor...that's what they are there for it's their job...best wishes...

• Posted

Hi, yes my urine was tested twice this week and was absolutely fine. Also I am drinking a lot but it just seems to pass straight through
    • Posted

If you are drinking a lot, this will make you go to the loo more frequently. You are probably going through stress symptoms because of exams and stress can make you unwell and worry more.  The more your worry increases, the more symptoms you will get.
  • Posted

you need to insist on certain test!  something is going on and they need to find out you might have to find another dr

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.