Abdominal discomfor for months driving me crazy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im really hoping someone here has some ideas as to what could possibly going on. In about the second week in February I had some abdoming pain one day. I thought it could be indigestion but when it did not go away and has been a constant problem every day since (abount 4 months now.

I have seen my primary doctor numerous times and am on my second gastroenterologist. I have had blood work done, an unltrasound, a CT scan, and an ediscopy and all came up with nothing. I have tried proton pump inhibitors/antacids, a million different diets and nothing seems to help.

My symptoms are extreme gas and abdominal discomfort/slight pain/pressure almost all day every day. You can actually hear my stomact gurgling very loudly all the time. At this point it is driving me absolutely crazy. I never want to leave my house because I feel terrible all day every day.

Im really hoping someone here can at least give me some ideas as to what this could possibly be because I have spent hours searching online over these last few months and I have run out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Usually the Docs label such a problem to be IBS. You should at least be happy that no problem was indicated in all your tests. Try some gas relieving tablets herbal or other one. I am sure your situation would become better. Taking more fibre may also help. Although there is no definite medication for IBS still Docs do prescribe
  • Posted

You may have IBS.  If all tests come back clear, IBS is the diagnosis.  See your doctor again and ask about IBS.  Don't google your symptoms because it can cause health anxiety. The best place to get firm answers is your doctor's surgery.

• Posted

Could it still be IBS even though im not having any bowel issues? And could i really be fine one day then have pain the next that will not go away just like that? Also I have tried the gas tablets and fiber supplements already with no change.
    • Posted

If you have IBS, you will have bowel habit change.  However, in some cases, the changes can be so subtle that you don't notice them.  With IBS, you can be fine one day but in pain the next. My pain used to change in type and intensity throughout the day, every day.   Perhaps ask your doctor for an anti spasmodic.

• Posted

THATS WHATS HAPPENING TO ME!!! It's a feeling of mainly discomfort/full , that circulates 24/7, and wen I have to go for a bowel movement, starts to flare up.

There's not as much pain anymore, as the constipation is mostly gone, but that full ache will lead to a stitch pain and then eventually a few seconds of bloating... then goes back to usual NON STOP ROUTINE OF DISCOMFORT

It's ridiculous and non stop sad sorry idk what it may be, ibs, as it is what I basically have

But I it's really annoying, and yes a lot of gas.

• Posted

Well at least im not alone. Keep me updated on what you find. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.