abdominal discomfort.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,I am new here.So I don't know much about here but I'd like your help or advice if anyone can give.

Since starting of jan 2015 I'm having neck pain and mild dizziness and after a week the pain started in my whole body which I say was mild.After I consulted with a rheumatologist and he ordered some tests which came out that I am severe vitamin d deficient and he prescribed me supplements for that.Now my pain is slowly fading away.But my main problem is that since few days ago(before receiving my vit d medications) I started having pain or discomfort in my abdomen area(mainly in my mid - upper abdominal area) and burping and my appetite reduced a little.My bathroom going frequency(sorry no other word I had in mind:P) also reduced from 3 times to 1-2 times.Two days ago I checked my stool it was hard like coffee beans which took much effort to come out and now it is somewhat better than that although my frequency is still 1-2 times max.No problems with urination till now.

I consulted with a gastroenterologist and he prescribed me pantoprazole 40mg and nimorazole tabs for 7 day and  ordered me full abdomen ultrasound and THS thyroid test which both came normal.He said if I won't feel better within a week that he'll go with endoscopy and said to me that If I had been 40-50 in age he would have done this now but I am 23 and generally young people like me don't have big problems.

I never drank or smoke or took drugs even once and undertook a healthy lifestyle but my father died of pancreatic cancer due to alchohol [I don't know why I shared this info but who knows it might helpsad ].

I dont't feel any chest burning or pain but I am taking yakult probiotics from 3 days and it has helped me a little.

Sorry for putting too much info here but I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and once again forgive me If I did or wrote anything wrong.

Thanks.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was facing the same problems and I'm 21. But I had to do Endoscopy,Colonoscopy ,Ultrasound of whole abdomen and X-Rays and several others tests. But nothing serious showed up  rathger than Gastritis. So My advice to you is that please don't be tensed continue the medicine and try to avoid fatty foods. Hopefully You'll be o.kconfused
  • Posted

Hi there i think at least your privaliged to have a good doctor who is doing thorough tests, as he says due to your age no urgent alarm, im sure it wont be anything serious, as mahbub says avoid fatty food meanwhile. Hopefully you will be ok, probably a food alergy.
    • Posted

thanks.......I'll surely avoid fatty foods till I recover and thanks for support.It really means alot to me.confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.