Abdominal Discomfort

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've recently been experiencing a weird ache/Discomfort in the bottom of my stomach, back and the bottom of my ribs. I also have a pressure feeling on my lower back into my Anus feels like there is something stuck up their when I pass stool or gas it goes away for a brief moment then returns I have noticed a few dots of red blood on the toilet paper when I wipe but no visible blood in stool or toilet can anyone help?

I have a doctors appointment next week, But I constantly think I'm dying and just need reassurance. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you have a haemorrhoid which can cause bleeding.  This can be caused by excessive straining if you are constipated.  Tell your doctor about this sensation and the blood.  A rectal examination can be done in the surgery to confirm this.  The other symptoms you have sound like IBS.  Do you have change of bowel habit and does your pain move about or stay in one place?  Does the pain come on after eating?  Have you tried a food diary?

Ask your doctor for tests.

• Posted

I haven't tried anything yet, The pain would move from the bottom of my stomach to the top and then into my back. My bowel habits have changed yesterday was the first time I had been in nearly 2 weeks sometimes change consistency.

• Posted

Try oranges, grapes and prune juice to ease the constipation and try a stool softener to make motions easier to pass.  Definitely try a food diary in case any food is causing the pain. Changing bowel habits, moving stomach pain and back pain can be symptoms of IBS.  

My pain moves from my left, to the middle of my stomach, to the right and sometimes into my back. The pain can be all over my stomach too.  The pain can start in different places.  I have constipation mainly.  I have also had a period of loose stools and nausea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.