Abdominal Dyskinesia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been diagnosed with TD three years ago. I’ve been taking Xenazine since. A few months ago I started to have abdominal spasms or contractions. My neurologist changed the Xenazine dosage from 50mg a day to 75mg. I started the new dosage this morning. I felt horrible. Heavy, light headed, dizzy. A little internet search led me to believe that my symptoms are related to abdominal dyskinesia. Does anyone here suffer from this condition? If so what helps?

Lucie 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

dyskinesia is a type of dystonia.  I believe I may have it in my neck.  I feel muscles tighten like a sling shot in the muscle behind the ear all the way down throat to shoulder bone maybe even sternum.

Has anyone looked into botox for this  ?  It is a local muscle relaxant  the pills are systemic and make me so sleepy, even clumsy, dizzy.

ask about BOTOX.

• Posted

Hello kris11713.

What kind of meds are you on?

I’ve been on Xenazine for the past 3 years but my symptoms got so bad last Monday I had to go to the ER by ambulance. I’ve been given Ativan to calm me down  and Benztropine for  tremors. Everything went away, it was paradise... I saw my neurologist yesterday and she takes me out of Xenazine (causes tremors after a while) and switches to Austedo, which is believed to not cause tremors. My abdomen and body in general is TD but the tremors are like Parkinson. She also prescribed Klonopin for five days only due to addiction. 

• Posted

Dyskinesia limited to the axial musculature is an extremely rare phenomenon. When such a dyskinesia involves the anterior abdominal wall, it is termed as belly dancers dyskinesia. The clinical characteristics of this unusual dyskinesia are somewhat variable but usually consists of involuntary, repetitive, sometimes painful and often rhythmic movements of the anterior abdominal wall with the majority being bilateral having slow writhing. 
    • Posted

Yes priya456,

The belly dancers dyskinesia. Sometimes i just can’t stand it anymore, it infuriates me. There’s nothing to do according to my neurologist. She was hoping that Austedo would help but it’s not the case.  What is so incredible is that the tremors, the constant urge to move and the abdominal contractions are gone when I go to bed at night. How is it possible? Anyway I’m getting angrier and angrier these days. Dyskinesia sucks (pardon me).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.