Abdominal haematoma

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been back to see GP today told I need a scan because I'm in a lot of pain still. 8 weeks post op and may have an abdominal haematoma.

Anyone else had this diagnosis if so any idea what treatment needed or any advice

Thanks

Donna x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm at 14 weeks and just been told the same, I have another scan in a few weeks to make sure that it is shrinking, hopefully it will be as, as far as I am aware that will mean no further treatment. Good luck with your scan, hope it goes well xx
  • Posted

Hi Donna

So sorry you are having trouble.  Hopefully they can sort it quickly for you.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

I'm also 8 weeks post op and suffering with pain,like period pains. Didn't get a 6 week check at the hospital. Had water infection 1 week post op and internal infection 4 weeks post op. Some days you feel ok then others you don't it's like there's no light at the end of the tunnel yet.

Ringing consultants secretary tomorrow to foget an appointment just to get a proper examination but if the pain continues over the weekend I'm going the Drs.

Fingers crossed everything's ok for you let us know how you get on xxx

• Posted

I started bleeding at ten days post op.  Had an abdominal scan followed by a trans vaginal scan which showed a haematoma.  I had no pain at all.  The bleeding continued for several weeks gradually getting less.  I also had an internal infection.   I was re scanned at six weeks , three weeks ago, and the haematoma had reduced in size by a third.  The bleeding had stopped that week.  Depending on the size of the haematoma they either leave it to drain naturally or put a needle in and drain it.  Mine was allowed to drain on it's own.  Although it is still there it is now solidified and should dissolve over time.
  • Posted

Hi I am 8 weeks post op total abdominal hysterectomy plus everything else taken out I have a large collection above my scar ,been to GP sent back to gynae ,to be told it's a large scar tissue , now they agree it's not normal going back to CT scan looks like I may have to have surgery again ,if it is a blood clot , it swells up and hurts still can only manage about 1 hour on my feet before to pain and swelling wears me out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.