Abdominal hardness, someone please help, what is it??

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for around 2-3 months now my Lower abdomen between my belly button and above my pubic bone has felt hard and tender to touch. At first I thought I was pregnant, so around 2 months ago went to the doctors and was told the chances of being pregnant on the implant was very low, and my blood tests came back negative. The hardness then went away for around two weeks, but reappeared soon again after. I've taken 10 pregnancy tests, all negative and if I was pregnant I wouldn't be more than 2 months and you're not supposed to feel a hardness until 12 weeks. I was told by the doctor that I have IBS but the pills she's given me aren't making this hardness go away. This week I've been feeling under the weather, migraines, nausea, sore neck and flu like symptoms and wondered if that had anything to do with the hardness or not. Someone please give me their thoughts on what it might be??? Help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chloe

I too have had the rounded hard belly for months now. I became ill end of January. Still unknown. I've had several tests done ct scans ultrasounds blood tests etc and all come back fine. I had a laparoscopy in May so they could have a good look inside and all they found were adhesions on my right abdominal wall and also covering my appendix. Adhesions are scar tissue.

So they are hinting that my appendix could be the problem as it was covered in scar tissue that then donates a possible appendicitis at some point or infection??

So I became ill January. It's all a mystery. My tummy is like yours all the time and I get pains and also pressure on my bladder.

Having another laparoscopy September to poss take the appendix out and have another look.

I've also had ovarian cysts cropping up mainly right side and some fibroids but they are telling me they don't think that's causing the problems ?! They also gave me the pill microcynon to take three strips at a time back to back to see if this helps.

Basically they are guessing with me and it's very worrying.

So what other symptoms are you getting ??

I'm 44 by the way.

Caroline

• Posted

To add also, I feel bloating all the time, IBS type symtoms but worse, tiredness, had a bad cold at the weekend. Rundown and no energy. Bladder frequency.

I feel basically like I'm carrying somekind of poison around with me all the time !

I was informed that a chronic appendix can cause all these symptoms.

• Posted

I have all those exact same symptoms! Around 4 months ago my ribcage also became really tender and sore and I went to the doctors about it and she told me it was nothing, just part of my IBS, but I feel it's something more. I have been taking my IBS tablets for a month now and still no difference or change. Still got a hard and bloated stomach, still running off to the toilet, so I'm not so sure that it's the problem

• Posted

I would ask to be referred and have some further tests done.

Mine has been going on since January and I'm still without an actual diagnosis. They just think it could be the appendix because of what they saw last laparoscopy.

The thought of another laparoscopy is a nightmare but I've prob got no choice.

You need to go and see someone else and keep pushing. I've had to do this. Pelvic/abdomen pain with swelling just isn't normal at all. Don't let them fob you off !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.