Abdominal hysterectomy in a few days, any words of wisdom?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hospital tips? recovery tips?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Michele! I've been wondering how you're doing. It sounds like you've pushed yourself to get active (going up stairs etc) and showering. Good for you. It is a long, difficult recovery, I think, but you will come through the other end. I am coming up to 6 months post-op, and I'm feeling pretty fit, if slightly overweight due to eating habits during chemotherapy as well as ongoing medication. But I am keen to get back to where I was before this all happened. You will too!

• Posted

3 weeks post op today. Doing well slowly but surely. Nagging pain in lower right hand side. Hoping that goes away soon. Thank you for the reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.