Abdominal issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I’ve been having right lower abdomen issues for a couple weeks. My dr ordered an US. When I got that done they said my stomach was gassy. A week after my cycle came and the pain went away. Now that it’s off the pain has come again. Even tho I had a cycle 2 weeks prior to this last one. I have bloating, dull aching pain in my lower abdomen and my appetite is vague. My results for the US was negative. Anyone have any suggestions to my issue.. please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had an ultrasound too for generalised, shifting abdominal pain. It came back inconclusive except for bowel gas and no conclusion was drawn from this.  I was negative for H pylori, fecal calprotectin urine infection, and celiac.  In the end I was diagnosed with IBS.  I often wonder if the bowel gas was a sign of my Irritable bowel.   However, I also had bowel habit change, nausea and back pain with it.

Does your pain move about and do you have change of bowel habit?  I don’t know what you have, so I would advise you to keep going back to your doctor for further tests until you get a diagnosis. 

• Posted

No my bowel habits didn’t change I don’t think. I go pretty regular. But at the end of me pooing I do kinda strain for the rest to come out. Also after I made my post, I stuck my finger inside and felt a lump/bump on my uterus. It doesn’t hurt when I touch it, but I’m wondering why they didn’t see it on the ultrasound/transvaginal ultrasound as well..
    • Posted

I would ask your doctor about that; maybe it is a fibroid. Do you have any problems with your cycle? If you had a fibroid, it can cause heavy bleeding or irregular periods. It could be it was too small to be picked up or it was seen but they thought it wasn’t big enough to be causing trouble.
  • Posted

I had my CT scan today and they said it was nothing life threatening. But I’m still concerned cause I still have the pain. I was prescribed pain meds but hell how long do I have to take those. It’s so frustrating 
    • Posted

What did your CT scan show?  Since your were told that it was not life threatening, accept this and don’t worry.  CTs are accurate.  Did your doctor not tell you how long you should take the pain meds for?  If you were not told, look on the front of your medication.  There should be a label there with your doctor’s dosage instructions printed on it.  There may also be a patient information leaflet inside if your tablets came in a box.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.