Abdominal issues and worry

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

So i would like to give a brief background of mine. I am 20 years old male from India. From the beginning of October i am having Stomach problems. First of all my appetite suddenly lost. It has been the same from the past 2 months. Sometimes i feel hungry but it is very rarely. Upper abdomen pain occurs for 2-3 days and then it is fine for many days. Occasional nausea and bloating also occurs. I fear it could be something serious like Stomach Cancer or any other serious problem. Please tell if any one had have similar problems and it came out something non life threatening.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hs1220

What food do you eat or drink when you experience the upper andominal pain? Keep a food diary and see what foods or drink are causing the pain. I would imagine living in India you will eat a lot of spicey foods. Give the food diary a go and see what emerges from that....

• Posted

Hi,

Try checking for hpylori bacterial infection. There are 3 ways :

1. breath test
    2. stool test
    3. endoscopy.

I had similar symptoms as yours. Like you said bloating for 2-3 days and then returns back after 5-7 days. If it's hpylori it's treatable. Consult the doctor for proper medicines. Hpyolri is caused by contaminated food which is very easy to get in country like India. So now on be careful about the sources of your food if you don't want to get it again and again.

• Posted

Have you tried seeing your doctor since your pain has gone on for two months? I went to my doctor after two weeks of abdominal pain.My pain was IBS but every one has different causes for their abdominal pain so it could be many things. Don't compare yourself to others because everyone is different. You may need scans and other tests to find the cause. Since you don't know what you have, try not to think the worst. Try a food diary to see if a food is causing it.

• Posted

Hello Everyone Hope all are good,

I am scheduled for an Endoscopy tomorrow. I am feeling very nervous and anxious. Please tell anyone who had Endoscopy how was the experience?

• Posted

Hi so glad you have an appointment for your exam . I had one , it wasnt bad at all . I was semi asleep it took about 20 minutes ,

• Posted

Hello Everybody,

So yeah i had an Endoscopy 2 days back and it was normal (Big relief for me). Everything is fine. and the pain has also subsided from many days. but the appetite is still annoying me. Whenever I eat something like a large meal the next day whole system goes wrong. If i eat small then appetite seems better.

• Posted

Anybody have an Idea? Till now I was panicked about stomach or esophageal cancer but now they are ruled out. Now my pointer of worry has moved towards Pancreatic or Liver Cancer. Although i also had a CBC and Liver function test both were absolutely normal. And i don't have any other problems. Any suggestions anyone who had felt similar issue and how it treated.

• Posted

my ESR ( have heard it is used to find any inflammation in body) value was 5 and all other Liver values were fine too. But i have read that early cancers of pancreas or liver can't be detected on normal test values.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.