Abdominal Lymph Nodes

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had severe abdominal pain that radiates to my back for several weeks now. Nausea, bloating, loss of appetite accompanies the pain. I have had a CT scan, swollen abdominal lymph nodes was the diagnosis. Several blood tests have been done, white & red count are normal. Scheduled to see a GI doc...suggestions on what could be the cause of the swollen lymph nodes?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any recent stomach infections?  Lymph nodes can swell as a result of infection.
  • Posted

maybe a reaction to drug/chemical/food or infection. 

Can you think of any? 

• Posted

Ask your doctor about abdominal Tuberculosis. It's not easy to diagnose, but prolonged pulmonary Tuberculosis can cause complications of the intestine. Some people don't show traditional respiratory signs, but they may find pulmonary nodules in the hilar area or upper lobes. These are basically lesions indicating you had a respiratory infection in the lungs, which your body fought off. In these cases, the TB was fought off be the immune system, but not completely eradicated. It can lie dormant, and come back years later, attacking other organs. Or, it could simply be some other type of infection.

In short, swelling of the lymph nodes typically indicate an infection of some sort.

• Posted

If it was Lymphadenopathy,

it should heal by itself within weeks or months.

So you still got time to give yourself. (e.g.Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease)

Sometimes people with appendicitis have enlarged lymphnodes, but if not only white blood cell count, but also CRP was normal, appendicitis is highly unlikely.

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.