Abdominal medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone take something that substitutes nexium? I feel like that it's not agreeing with me. I'm having such a pain in mid part of stomach below breastbone.

Any feedback would be great.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have heard of quite a few people getting this type of pain with Nexium.  I was once put on Omeprazole for a short period of time and it worked. I did get some itching and mild nausea which cleared up after I got used to them. Now I take over the counter antacids and milk which work just as well and I don't get any side effects.  Ask your doctor to change your medication.

• Posted

I feel nexium is really making other matters worse

I just started DGL.. I feel a bit better today but woke up nauseous.

• Posted

Maybe come off DGL to see if that was causing nausea.  Over the counter antacids may be better for you.  Licorice can be very rich on the stomach.   Definitely come off Nexium.
  • Posted

Nexium did't work for me and none of the other PPIs did either. It takes them up to 6 weeks to work if they are going to work.

Have you tried a H2 Blocker?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.