Posted , 5 users are following.
I have had heavy bleeding non-stop for 20days. My haemoglobin levels are at 10.5 which normal levels would be 12. I turned 40 this year and want to have kids asap. My surgeon said that my fiberoid is not so huge 4.5cm and I only have one but its so far back in my uterus that laproscopy may not be successful and that he will probably make an open abdominal myomectomy. He also said the fiberoid would not have prevented pregnancy but it has to be removed to stop my uterus from bleeding. My surgery is in a few days and I'm dreading it.
1. The Dr. said because of my age and heavy bleeding I have slim chances of getting pregnant after mymectomy but he will do his best to avoid damage to my uterus.
2. I have no idea how they can do the surgery with all my heavy bleeding still going on.
3. I have no idea what to expect with open abdominal myomectomy surgey except after reading blogs that the pain is huge.
4. I'm already panicking and the stress factor has hit the roof with me today. I am still heavily bleeding with huge cramps and really bad headaches.
5. I keep thinking to look for another surgeon but this Dr. is the chief surgeon in the gynecological unit of the hospital and I really dont have much choice here as the bleeding has got to stop asap.
Would appreciate some advice.
0 likes, 12 replies