Abdominal/Oesophical issues not sure if me or anxiety.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Before I start, forgive me for rambling. Understandably, mentioning anxiety, this could go in that forum rather than this, however, I feel this is the right place for me to get feedback. I'm 22, and for about 4 years, possibly 5, I've had issues with my abdomen, an example of some of the symptoms would be, excess wind, smelling pretty bad, abdominal pain, ranging from lower right to upper. The pain isn't unbearable, merely an annoyance, and isn't every day. To add to this, I've been having problems with acid reflux, and what I think is called Dysphagia? Whenever I eat it feels as though food takes a while to go down, this has been the case for a few years as well, also not severe, until recently when I've paid a lot of attention to it, however, this has been improved with the PPI Nexium.I have booked to see a doctor next Tuesday, but as a caveat, my health anxiety has been going wild for the last few days, sleep has been hard and I've constantly been thinking the worst, so I'd appreciate if anyone could aid me before I see the doctor!

Thank you!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms seems to mainly from IBS, and/or gastric emptying issues. 

Have your tried eating healthy and probiotics?

• Posted

Being a student, I've flickered between eating garbage food and somewhat well, have recently started eating fruit and cutting out a lot of meat, would probiotics help too?

• Posted

I think so. Try it first with a good probiotic drink, and cut out all junk food. 
    • Posted

Hi alexander04446

You really have to change your diet completely.....try going gluten free, lactose free, wheat free, caffieine free, taking probiotics for your gut flora and multivits..veggies not too much broccoli or cabbage... fruit not citrus...and don't over do it with fruit eat 5 small pieces a day because it ferments in your gut and causes smelly gas if you eat too much same with veggies...have fish, chicken some red meat....no fizzy drink lots of water....you can get lots of 'free froms' from popular supermarkets.... overtime it worked for me....best wishes....

• Posted

Been longing for a change in diet to see how it works, really appreciate the advice, will try!
    • Posted

Hi alexander04446

More than happy to help!!.....sincere best wishes for a healthier digestive system...but give it time....although you may see results in approx 2-3 weeks or maybe before...bon appetite!!....

• Posted

Hi alexander04446

Forgot to mention no fried foods in unhealthy oils or fats ..... but can fry or roast in coconut oil or olive oil .....then drain all excess fat and oil after cooking.....:-)

• Posted

Hi alexander04446

I forgot to mention no fried food only if you fry with olive oil or coconut oil then pour off all the fat and oil after cooking ...best wishes....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.