Abdominal Pain...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey!

I'm a 16 year old boy (In case it helps)

So, since last Sunday, I started having these wierd pains in my abdomin, like on the left and shifted to the right side. I started to lose appitite but I think that may be starting to wear off. Anywho, so the next morning (Monday) I went to the GP looking for answers, they tested for Appendicitis (The pushing test) and they put me on these muscle spazm tablets, I took one before a meal and believe it or not, It didn't help.. So that same night, it was still hurting, I went to A&E to truely see what ti was, they did the same pushing test and said they highly don't think it is Appendicitis and they did a Urine test on me, no signs of infection at all.

I went hoke clueless and questioning what it could be, about 3 more days later, I went to the GP again, to again see what it was that is causing the pain, she did the pushing test AGAIN and said to me that it might be something to do with your bowels and send me off saying "Don't eat anything solid for 3 days or infact anything" I was quite, shocked at that to be honest and hoped that she had a answer for me.

I have no idea what to do, I'm starting the three days of non food or soft foods today. But I'm worried that it could be something more severe..

Help?

Jay

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey jay jay one way to find out it its your bowels not moving the way it should is to take a laxative and see if you are still having the pains. Let me ask you this , is this pain also around your belly button? 
    • Posted

A little bit, It mostly hurts around my right lower abdomin and my lower left. Sometimes it hurts in the middle.
    • Posted

Well we know its not your appendix, because you would also be vomiting and possible getting fever. Is the pain getting worse? Is also in your lower back? Did you do any blood work to check for anything although i dont think that it would show anything. Maybe yoy should try a warm compress on the are when you are lueing down. If its myscles it would relax them and perhaps see a nuerologist or a physician that deals with men organs
  • Posted

Hey Jay, how's it going?

The good news, is that you're young and therefore reduce your chances of the growing things significantly.

Is the pain still shifting to the right? Just because you're a few days in and the rebound (push and sudden release) test is negative doesn't mean your appendix is a happy bunny. (See chronic appendicitis).

However, as has been said... it's looking less like that as time passes. There are a variety of things which could be causing your problems so there's no point losing sleep over it till the test results come in. I would imaigne your GP might run blood tests such as a CRP, ESR, FBC, U&E and Gluten tolereance, maybe a few more.

In the mean time, SexySimba has given some good advice and would be interestingto know the answers to her questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.