Abdominal Pain, 2 weeks, Unknown Condition

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I'll try my best to describe the situation that has been worrying me for the past two weeks. It started with me coming down with some sort of virus, which did not confront me with any unusual symptoms. After I had seemingly recovered, I had a brief spell of vomiting and diarrhoea, which I thought had been nothing worrying, up until it started to stretch over a greater period of time. After a few days of moderate pain, I became victim to multiple anxiety issues, because the of the fact my local GP did not seem to be able to help me at the time, recommending only rest and bland foods. I thought that my condition may be more severe than a stomach bug, though I had not had diarrhoea or vomiting in a few days. At this point I was eating very little and was still experiencing pains in my stomach regions, however I did not seem to be fatigued, or experiencing any other symptoms such as fever. I decided to seek medical attention again, and was processed differently upon returning. Multiple tests were conducted, including a blood test. The evaluation of this concluded that I had a raised amount of white blood cells per ml in my blood, around 12000 to be exact. I wasn't too worried, as I usually come up with high levels regardless of sickness (usually around 10000). The test results have taken a while, and since first experiencing these pains it has been nearly two weeks. I tried to reintroduce normal foods, with no strongly amplified effect, however the pains have not gone. Upon applying pressure on my stomach, there is pains spread evenly throughout the affected areas, leading me to believe I am not dealing with appendicitis. The pains are not sharp, but they are constant and more comparable with a constantly bloated and irritated stomach. Does anyone know of similar symptoms being treated effectively? Do I need to seek medical attention again?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Mistake on my part: there is no abdominal pain! Apologies for confusing heading.
    • Posted

Hmmm  yes it is misleading somewhat...    

Diet maybe your issue.   Fatty, sugary and diary products, Alcohol, also the likes of cashew nuts (highest fat content) can pose huge problems with your discription in the main message.  Feeling headachy, body aches, bloated, diarrhoea and vomiting, fatigue to, flatulence...

Initials stages of Diabetes, beginnings of calcification in the kidneys can show up in xrays.

A persons Alkyline/acidity balance would be up the whop..unbalanced.

Not knowing your body type or diet...  I'm just throwing stuff out there..

However if you were showing symptoms with a body mass or front motor, (for a Male) Diet would be the initial thing a doctor would suggest and counsel the person on.  And test the Alkyline/acidity levels.  

All the best going forward....

• Posted

Hi!

I would probably consider myself a little above average weight wise, but I tend to enjoy a balanced and varied diet, and my day to day routine provides me with sufficient excercise. I don't smoke, nor do I drink any alcohol for that matter. Also, would my completed blood test have provided evidence of diabetes (or the likes thereof)? My GP informed me I shouldn't be worried about the results of those. Does that effectively rule out that possiblility?

• Posted

How the urinary aspect.. not problems?   Muscular or spinal compromises can conflict with the stomach.  Can also make a stomach bloat.

However, because you have had actual vomiting and diarrhoea, that is a different kettle of symptoms...  Has there been any blood or bile?

Have you actually had a camera, (endoscope I think it's called (?)) down into the tummy region.  

Has there ever been any talk of a blockage or twist in the bowel??

If you continue to have issues I'd press on forward to have further tests done.

• Posted

Thank you for the response. There is no unusual occurances regarding urination, nor is there any blood or bile. There was a scan, which concluded that none of the vital organs in the area were an unusual size. According to my GP, there is a lot of trapped air in my stomach, which elongated the procedure. Recently all I have been feeling is constipation, and this constant grumbling/movement in my stomach. I have made another appointment for tomorrow, so we will see more then. The symptoms don't worry me, but the time this has been taking does.
    • Posted

??   Feeling constipated, OR you ARE Constipated?   There is a difference.  Grumbinpg/movement in your stomach is normal..  as food breaks down and moves along the intestines.   Sometimes you can physically put your hand on your midrift and actually feel the lump moving across, or even a stationary lump on your side, That's all normal to.  

Keep your fluids up to help prevent constipation.  Trapped air can be caused by eating on an empty stomach, and the type of food eaten..  creating gas.

Scans would have shown if you had a twisted bowel or internal organ.  Hernia etc.....

If the pains get to bad take yourself off to the A&E dept 'when you are actually in pain' not when it's gone....

• Posted

Now experiencing back pains too...

Do I need immediate help? A&E? (Not that that is very immediate...)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.