Abdominal Pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys,

I have had stomach problems since I was born and up until about 3 years ago we have always just went about our business with it because "oh you just have really bad acid reflux".  

I am now 22 years old and was hospitalized for my stomach problems 3 years ago, i was vomitting, diarherra, loss of appetite, well the doctor said it was just spastic colon and gave me some medicine. The medicine did not work so I stopped and went to someone else to try and find another anwer.

I had an ultrasound to check for gallbladder stones, I didn't. I have blood work and a fecel sample done, normal. Gave me medicine for parasites because I went out of the country for a week, didn't go away. Well my doctor I guess gave up and i never heard back for what the next step was.

In the last 2 weeks I have gone to the doctor 3 times, been in the hospital once, and gone to the gyno once. The doctor thought I had a stomach bug so gave me some medcine and sent me home, 4 days later I still wasn't better so I went back and they did a xray, saw nothing, so he ordered a ct scan. They call back and say you have an enlarged uterus and a cyst that ruptured and all the free fluid from it is what is causing all your pain get an ultrasound. I go to my gyno and get an ultrasound and they say my uterus is normal size but it still could have been a cyst but once a cyst ruptures you should feel better.

So now im back at square one with having NO IDEA as to what is wrong with me and nobody can figure it out either. Needless to say I have very frustrated and can not keep living in pain like this.

What is the next step? I know you aren't suspposed to diagnose yourself, but appendix, stomach ulcers all these things come to mind because there has to be something.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My symptoms:

abdominal pain

diaherra

loss of appetie

headaches

lower back pain

pain with intercourse

so many more I am sure that I can't think of or that most people don't think matter

• Posted

It is very frustrating when you try so hard to get help and it seems no one is really understanding or even begining to help. If you cannot get help from your doctors then perhaps it's time to try an alternative opinion a medical herbalist or some other therapy. And maybe also to look into any dietary factors.Try not to get too upset and wound up but don't give up trying to find help.
  • Posted

Hi Pooh,

Have you been tested H.Pylori.  This little menace is the cause of a lot of

stomach complaints. It burrows into the gut wall. The full bacterial name is Helicobacter Pylori.......It infects the stomach and duodenum and causes

sickness, pain and diahorrea. If you haven't been tested for HP go back to your doc and ask for one.  Hope this may be of some help. Best wishes.

• Posted

I am no expert, but have taken an interest in medical matters and have been a medical secretary in a hospital, so have picked up a  bit of knowledge. 

Sounds like it could be Crohn's disease or coeliac disease.   

You have just got to make an absolute pest of yourself and go to your g.p. and demand even more tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.