Abdominal pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

So for the past 2-3 months, I have been experiencing really bad abdominal pain.. Right in the middle of my stomach... A few times, I was actually woken up in the middle of the night in excrutiating pain with bad Nausea.. And twice this week but havnt thrown up.. Sometimes the attacks can be mild and only last an hour to a few hours and the bad ones can last up to a whole day... With major back pain. I can go up to 4 days with NO pain and then suddenly get pain and can't predict when I'm going to get it as sometimes I havnt even eaten anything and can get an attack? I have had ultrasounds to rule out my gallbladder ect... And am currently waiting on blood test results for my pancreas... They would like to do a breath test in 2 weeks as we are waiting for my antibiotics from a sinus infection to leave my body... This waiting game and not knowing anything is driving me insane... Especially when it's been going on for over 2 months now.. Anyone know what this could be??? Please help me

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think you really need an endoscopy and a ct scan. At least your doctors seem to be listening to you, that's a bonus.

• Posted

Endoscopy is the last resort they said. & they haven't mentioned anything about a ct scan ?? But she said with my back pain, she's leaning towards pancreatitis.. But I don't want to convince myself that I have finally found answers, if I haven't.

• Posted

Well, they really have to do these tests to find out what's wrong, even pacreatitist, also your bloods would be irregular.

• Posted

I also would suggest an endoscopy in case your have an ulcer.  The pancreas secretes strong digestive juices.
  • Posted

I'm guessing the breath test is for h pylori in which case you need to be off antibiotics for a month and ppi or h2 blocker eg omeprazole or ranitidine for 2 weeks otherwise you can get a false negative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.