abdominal pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I've been having abdominal and back pains just about everyday now

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Does your pain move about your abdomen and do you have change of bowel habit? Have you seen a doctor?
  • Posted

I know what you mean I've been having problems now for about 5 or 6 months hurting in my back stomach sometimes on the right side sometimes it's on the left side sometimes it's in the middle of my stomach they sent me for a CT scan of my chest it was okay I went for an MRI on my back I'm supposed to hear the results from that today they say they're going to do ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder and all that. I don't know I've been dealing with a lot a lot of stress in the last 5 or 6 months my dad with cancer ,job my mom and I just don't know but hopefully they'll figure it out and it won't be nothing serious

• Posted

Are you having change of bowel habit too?  If you are, it could be IBS if all your tests come back norma.
    • Posted

Ive bee having the same problems, a few years ago it started only with pain and tendernous under my breast bone in both sides, had  an endoscopy done came back with the h pylori infection , took meds for about a a few  days to kill the infection. Dr check me with a stool test a few weeks after and h pylori came back negative although my problem with the pain under my breast bone, rib cage was still there. Got a second opinion from another dr and diagnosed me as costocongitis nothing was done after that. Seemed like the pain came off and on and wasn't too bad till about a year ago . I started getting the same pains but more often, and noticed that my bowel movements changed a bit from always having more like loose stools to now sticky stools. For about two months now I've had the same pains but now went to my abdomen area all over . Had an abdomen ultrasound and all came back negative only thing they found was acid, dr put me on some meds to reduce the acid and i myself started on a diet for about more than a month ago but seems I'm just getting worse.a few weeks ago I seen another doctor which thinks I might have gastritus, I'm having an CT in the next few weeks. If all comes out normal I'm  requesting an endoscopy to be done just to make sure that I don't have the h pylori and no signs of cancer in my stomach. This is starting to freak me out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.