Abdominal pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had my gall bladder surgery 2 weeks before . After my stitches got cut I am experiencing the same abdominal pain .can anyone tell me why is this happening .This is really irritating for me as it hinders my work and I am only 20

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You have only had your surgery two weeks ago.  This is very early days; it will take time to heal.  Take the pain medication that you were prescribed.  If your were not given any, ask for some.   If the pain wosens or does not clear up, then see your doctor again.  Do not worry, post surgical pain is very normal! 
  • Posted

When they cut something away they 'burn' the wound to seal / heal it , this of course then becomes an inside wound for you to deal with, this may be the awful pain you are experiencing sad

• Posted

@mona89344  Hello Mona,

I am many years older than you are, I had my gall  bladder removed about 10 years ago and whilst the surgery was very successful, it took a number of weeks for me to be free from pain.  Stick with it, rest as much as you can and give your body the chance to heal.  Good Luck,

MaryLip

• Posted

Thankyou so much marylip. Your suggestions are really helpful and I will definitely work on them .
    • Posted

@mona89344  You are more than welcome, take good care of yourself and be kind to yourself too.

MaryLip

• Posted

My surgeon told me up front I would n off 10 days. I actually missed 21, due to other complications. But it was 2 months before I had a pain free day. Each day is a bit better. At bedtime, I propped a thin pillow beneath my side, to help it not be so sore in the mornings. And I slept sitting up, for nearly 2 weeks. Healing just takes a long time. I know exactly what you are going through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.