Abdominal pain after eating and cold symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

My medical history:

• I've been having related symptoms for the past 12 years, on and off. This is the biggest and longest problem I've had so far
  • I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto a few months back. My thyroid is now perfectly fine (TSH, FT4, FT3). My thyroid symptoms didn't come back so far (sleep problems, focus and memory loss, etc.)
  • I automatically vomit if I eat dairy or alcool.
  • I have nausea with most sugars (for 1-2 days)
  • I have two stomach medications: Ezomeprazole, Domperidone
  • I take one allergy medication: loratadine

My symptoms:

• Abdominal pain after eating - upper pain or lower pain - vomit or diarrhea help getting rid of the pain
  • Upper pain burn
  • In the bad moments, the pain is so sharp and intense that I vomit
  • Pain appears 20 minutes to 1 hour after eating and can stay for 5-6 hours - no medications helps
  • Severe bloating; I look pregnant before bed
  • I have cold symptoms every week ; mostly inflammated lymphs (ganglia) and earache
  • I lost 20 pounds in a few months
  • I was tested for celiac disease, I did a gastroscopie (all fine) with a biopsy (waiting for the results over 2 months), my gall bladder is fine, I did a radio for my abdomen and all was fine. Waiting for another GI r-v
  • I seems to react to most foods, I only eat really light food : mostly white meat, white rice, cooked vegetables, berries, oatmeal, some nuts like sunflower seeds, egg. I have pain every time, I eat outside home or eat something different from this 'light' diet.
  • I tried FODMAP diet 2 times - it didn't help the second time. I tried a gluten-free diet, didn't help either.
  • I have a familial hystory of autoimmune disease (Lupus, Crohn, rheumatoid arthritis, etc).

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

marie, so very sorry for all the pain and stress you are dealing with. I dont know how to help you but I do want to acknowledge your dreadful situation. My best wishes are with you.

• Posted

I can only echo the thoughts of Peony girl 1 & add my advice to try & keep positive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.