Posted , 6 users are following.
I'm at my wit's end and so frustrated For the past two years I have been dealing with the following symptoms that come as regular attacks, getting progressively worse:
- burning painful sensation in middle of chest directly below sternum
- pain moves to right side, and becomes dull aching pain with sudden surges of the burning, sharp pain
- vomiting about 25% of the time with these attacks
- sometimes constipation, sometimes diarrhea
- excessive sweating
These attacks last 3-5 days, and always after eating. The pain is sometimes so bad I have to go to the ER, and at this point the attacks are coming so often that I can't live my life. I've had the following tests done, all negative:
- small bowel series
- incomplete HIDA scan (see my other post)
The *only* thing that has shown up so far is that my common bile duct is dilated. No evidence of stones, sludge, etc. The guy who did my ERCP basically told me there's nothing wrong with me, and that in cases like this, it's sometimes just nerve damage that fixes itself over time and I should start looking into "pain management" which sounds like a fancy way of saying I'm a hypochondriac.
I'm not sure what to do at this point, what avenue to take, who I should see. I am a semi-invalid at this point now, rarely leaving the house because I don't feel well enough; my life is basically on hold right now and it sucks. Has anyone run into anything like this before? Any ideas??
0 likes, 6 replies