Abdominal Pain, constipation, lower back pain and pulsating..HELP!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been constipated for years, I have swelling and tenderness in my left quadrant of my stomach slighty above/near my belly button. Around mid febuary I noticed  that when I lay on my left side I get a tingling sensation and numbness with pulsating throbs through to my back. It stops when I turn over on my right side. I went to the ER and they said I have an umbilical hernia, however very small and shouldn't be causing this much pain. I hurt from my ribcage to my hipbone. I am having a colonoscopy done on friday because I thought my colon was causing the pain because I am severaly constipated, however Im starting to think I might have an aortic anuerysum after researching some. has anyone had any similar complications? as Im writing this my left side of my body aches. from my ribs down to my toes. its really strange. Im worried because I have 2 kids and a husband. My feet are always cold, I figure I already have poor circulation...and I've always said I would die from an anuerysum. any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you all

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

They would have felt an aortic aneurysm if you had one. Mine is quite small but can be felt.
    • Posted

I can feel a lump but it goes away when I lay down. My stomach sticks out a little, very slightly. I am really the only one who can see it & a few others. I have thought it was my colon all along, that it was inflammed. I am just lost and dont know what to think and Im scared honestly, who wouldn't be...and I think I'm really stressing myself out and causing other symptoms to worsen like heart has (is) beating very fast and my leg is having more pain than earlier, sensation in my back is more significant and numbing. anyways, thanks to the response and good luck to you in your health and life.
  • Posted

Your plee sounds similar to mine several weeks ago. My pain started after taking Immodium which caused me to be constipated. I had severe pain in my right hand side abdomin. I was told to take painkillers and wait for a colonoscopy because that was where the pain was coming from and I was constipated. I am very rarely constipated in fact usually have diahorrea. I had a CT scan which had aneurysum on the report but 3 doctors i saw ignored this. As it turned out, it was the aneurysum that was causing the severe pain and if I hadn't used my iniative and gone to ED at the private hospital I would have probably died from a burst aneurysum. I also had a blood infection which was caused by the immodium suppressing the salmonella and sending the infection through my bloodstream. So please go to a hospital ED and get every test done possible especially a CT scan. Hope this helps
  • Posted

Ask for a ct scan that should show you if you have an aurysm, just for sanity sake, my hubby was diagnosed 2 yrs ago and is now in hospital trying to recuperate from it, he had no visible pulses to even think he had one, but some do.  Before you do anyting go on a fob map diet and see if these will change sometimes some food can make you consitpated, do you have IBS, take metamucil everyday it helps and is natral, drink lots of water, I too have constipation issues and have started taking blended raw vegies with some, honey lemon, giger mixed with some vegies, carrots are good, and so is beetroot, but your bowels migt change colour due to this even take some prunes boil it and drink it mixed with all bran instread of milk and eat the prunes too.  This might help.  Go get another opinion if you are not happy with the doctor.

I would also like to know if anyoe who has undergone a AAA wth thrombus if you had elevated CRP 124 at the moment ad staying in there, should be below 10, and temps fluctuating from 37.2 to 38.6, doctors are scratching there heads as they dont know what is causing it, he also had is kidney clameped during operation 3 days later when he strated getting temps they did a CT iwth iv and everything seems ok even the chest, he has started Bowel movement with was like water on Friday he has lost 5 kg during the 9 days still in hospital, as they cannot dscharge with out knowing why the temps are there.  They have done so many blood test for cultures, FBC, LFT etc everyting else seems to be good, but not sure the cause of the temps.  If anyone has had this issue before or knows someone who had these types of temsp and CRP readigs plese let us know thanks. God Bless H_G

a try to eat a lot of fibre ,  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.