Abdominal pain could be ulcer or gallbladder

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone,

basically for 3 weeks now ive had this pressure feeling in my abdomen that radiates through to my back. the doctor thought it was the uti i had but the pain is higher up than that and ive have antibiotics.

this is a constant pressure feeling and slightly feels like ive something stuck at the top of my stomach, swallowing normal. i think its slightly to the right of my body just under rib. and at the back low shoulder blades.

i had surgery in October and they say it's not gallbladder related as i dont have one! they say its not lungs and wont x-ray sd im not breathless or have a cough. its no worse after eating.

anyone else have thesr symptoms thst got resolved or diagnosed?

thsnks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi kelly83894

Are you on any medication? reason i ask sometime back i had the same problem as you describe and after a process of elimination it turned out to be the medication i was taking was irritating my stomach and causing pain just under my ribcage and radiated to my upper back. Failing that you could have a food intolerance, it would be helpful to keep a food diary to see if what you eat is causing your problem....

• Posted

hi thanks for your reply,

im on progesterone but only 15 days out the month? but only since Dec so it could have taken time to aggravate it? the pain is constant and doesnt seem to get worse no matter what i eat. painkillers dont get rid of it either. i thought it could be gallbladder or adhesions, but it eases when im eating(i think!). when your had pain a while you can imagine things 😂🙄

• Posted

the food intolerances could help. i have rosecea so know thats gut related .x

• Posted

Hi kelly83894

Have you read the side effects of progesterone n the leaflet that comes with your med?.Progesterone can cause stomach problems even tho you only take for 15 days it is in your system. Even tho i stopped the med that was causing my stomach issues it was ongoing for a while after because the med was still in my system. I'm not saying it is the progesterone causing your symptoms, but it may be....try the food diary and see what transpires...

• Posted

yeah i think i will, im still under the endocrinologist so will speak to him for sure x

• Posted

it could be your pancreas. If your pain starts after you eat then it is your pancreas.

• Posted

would it have to be immediately after? i find after eating its slightly better, worse on an empty stomsch 🤷🙄x

• Posted

I've just eaten ans it seems to ease a bit whilst and just after?!

• Posted

I've pain/inflammation in right upper abdomen from rib cage to navel, the pain starts after eating something. pain is more in day season rathar than night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.