Abdominal Pain for 2 months now, i don't know what it is...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 16 year old girl suffering from this abdominal pain.

It started off with only mild abdominal pains, but now i feel that it is getting worse as time passes. My pain is mostly located in the centre and lower abdomen. and it is a cramping pain and is on and off . i also have constant nausea and sometimes loss of appetite and i am very gassy. No vomiting and some weight loss. The pain gets worse if i move, and i feel a sort of pressure on my bladder as well. My bowel movements are all over the place, some days im constipated and some days it is normal. I take probiotics and painkillers when i need to. I also haven't had my period since this problem started.

i have seen three doctors and have had blood tests, urine tests, stool tests and a Ultrasound but everything came back normal... i don't know what to do as it is getting worse, please help sad

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi LydiaMagydan

Have you had a blood test for hormonal imbalance. Weight loss and stress and anxiety can prevent hormone production such as Oestrogen and Progesterone thus stopping monthly menstruation. Ask doc to order blood test for hormone production/imbalance...also vit d deficiency can cause stomach problems..You could be presenting with IBS ..there are others on the forum that can advise you on that who have got IBS..i'm sure they will reply to you...best wishes to you for a firm diagnosis...

• Posted

Has your doctor considered IBS? When all other conditions are ruled out, IBS can be diagnosed.  Have you had a pelvic ultrasound to discover why your periods have stopped?  The other possibility is that stress caused by your symptoms has upset your cycle.  Anxiety can do this.  Keep going back to your doctor.
  • Posted

I have the very same symptoms and I've given up on having doctors find out what's wrong with me. After doing as much research as I could I figure I have continuous IBS. Everyday is a new adventure as to whether I'll be confined home w/diarrhea and other days I'm ok to go out but it's all making me a nervous wreck. I think I should just learn to live with it but it's always on my mind because I can always feel pressure.

I wish I could be more help to you other than to commiserate with you. I hope knowing you're not alone helps a little.

• Posted

Try Imodium or codeine when you have diarrhoea and that will help you to go out . You could also try rice or bananas.  Have you tried the Fodmap diet to see if food is causing diarrhoea?  I had three days of diarrhoea last July and taking Imodium after every meal stopped it.  I also have IBS.
  • Posted

Thank you. Codeine does constipate me but it's not legal here. My problem is I will have massive diarrhea then suddenly it stops and I can't go. So it's either one or the other.  I don't like to be constipated so I guess if I'd have to choose I'd take the diarrhea.

• Posted

Imodium will not constipate you if you don’t take too much of it.   It didn’t constipate me.  If you are worried about constipation, slowly introduce fruit once you come off the Imodium.  Even of you could not get codeine over the counter, your doctor would stll be able to prescribe it.

However, if you are still uncomfortable taking meds, try rice or bananas to firm yourself.  It is important to try one of these methods for diarrhoea because watery stools will cause you to dehydrate, feel week and lose weight through loss of nutients.

• Posted

Thank you, Lydia. This all makes sense to me and I didn't know much about what to do until I read your reply.  I will do as you suggest. I need to stay away from Codeine..b/c I'm an addictive personality and only want to use it if Needed.

So, I'll try your plan b with the immodium and fruit. That sounds very doable.

Michelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.