Abdominal pain for a month and half. Help please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all

My story starts of a roughly a month and a half ago when I visitied my GP complaining about abdominal pain. Urine infection positive.  Prescribed Nitrofurantoin and Peptac Aniseed. Didnt work so went back and blood test undertaken showing H Pylori virus. Prescribed triple therapy which consisted of Omeprazole, Ammoxicillin & Clarithromycin. With these I was also given Maalox Solution. Nothing still working and had constipation and diahorrea (alternating between). 

Got fed up and went to local A&E. Admitted and had Laproscopy Appendicitis on the 27/05/16 discharged on 29/05/16. Medication supplied was Senna, Paracetamol, dioctyl sodium (laxatives) & Movicol. Took them with no luck & noticed blood twice in stool. Went back to the hospital and admitted again on the 1st of June 2016. Had X - ray, ultrasound and blood tests which looked normal. Discharged on 3rd of June. Medication still all the same. Constipation still there and when I open my bowels it is all liquid. When urinating the is a lot of pain in lower abdomen. I have had a catheter installed twice to drain excess urine due to retention. What should I do now?

I was told I may be suffering from gallstones, inflammation to the large bowel or then slow gut to the surgery (even 9 days after surgery).

Help please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Has your doctor mentioned IBS?  Your symptoms sound very like it.  Alternating diarrhoea and constipation, and stomach pain are IBS symptoms.  However, you should also get tested for h pylori again because sometimes it takes a while to clear up.
    • Posted

Hi yes they did mention IBS, but nothing afterwards. I most likely think it's inflammation to the large bowel and that needs removing. What do you think?
    • Posted

Ask for a colonoscopy.  Also get a stool sample tested for fecal calprotectin which looks for inflammation that may indicate IBD such as Crohns or Colitis.
  • Posted

Hi, have a colonoscopy that will at least have a look at the large intestine

• Posted

I agree you need colonoscopy, this is quite thorough and maybe you will get some answers, good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.