Abdominal Pain For Two Days and Pain On Right Hip

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm sixteen years old and since Saturday I have been having unexplained abdominal pain. I woke up late after staying up all night and the pain didn't start until after I drink a latte. At first I thought that the pain came from that considering that is what happens when I drink coffee sometimes. So for the rest of that day I had on and off stomach pain and it was temporarily relieved when I went to the bathroom, only it ended up coming back again.

I ended up going to sleep and my stomach felt fine, but when I woke up on Sunday, I still had pain. It did not feel like it could be relieved by going to the bathroom or something. It felt more like indigestion or wall abdominal pain. The pain was felt right above my belly button. At no point did I lose my appetite and I didn't lose my appetite on Saturday either. Though, I forgot to mention that on Saturday I did feel temporary nausea that ended up going away when I ate, but that was the only time I felt nauseous. On Sunday I ate normally but I still had bothersome stomach pain.

Things only got worse when I went to bed, and I began to feel hip pain on my right side. I immediately was scared that this was appendicitis, but if I told my parents that then they wouldn't believe me or they'd dismiss it as my anxiety. Usually they are right but I didn't know what else it could be from. Now it's Monday, I still have the indigestion pain, and when I move certain ways I can feel the hip pain still. I'm really worried and am at least going to try and convince my mom to call the doctor later. In the meantime, I'm hoping that anyone with a similar issue can tell me where this lasting pain is coming from. Notes: I have major health anxiety, though last time I went to the doctor and got my blood taken, my health was not in terrible condition. I went to the doctor September 25th. This pain started on October 14th. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Get the doctor to check for gall bladder issues with an ultrasound.  Appendicitis is a possibility, but it could also have something to do with your right overy like a cyst or something.  Good luck!
  • Posted

Cut out coffee since you have had pain from drinking coffee before and cut out milk.  Switch to a lactose free alternative and avoid other dairy products.    If your symptoms get better, you may be are intolerant to these products. Reintroduce them to see if symptoms return. Try a food diary.  If no better after a week, see your doctor.

Do you have a change of bowel habit and does your pain move about your stomach?  Nausea, stomach pain that moves about, bowel habit change, temporary relief of pain after a bowel movement and food intolerance are IBS symptoms.

• Posted

It’s been three months and up until now the pain went away. I’m currently dealing with pain in my hip area and my pelvic area, which makes me really nervous because like I said before, those are known signs of appendicitis. The pain started in my hip and has been here for 5 days so far. Eventually the pain moved to the middle and that’s why I have pain in my pelvic area now. I do have an appetite, I have not thrown up, and I don’t feel any pain in my upper abdomen. My parents offered to take me to the hospital but I still get nervous when it comes to going, and the pain isn’t that extreme, it’s just mild but I’m still not sure where it came from. 
  • Posted

I forgot to mention that I don’t have a fever and I don’t feel nauseated.
    • Posted

I would see your doctor to get a firm diagnosis since the pain is back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.