ABDOMINAL PAIN IN FOUR MONTH

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past  4 months i have been suffering with a annoying discomfort pain in my Belly abdominal, it's like 5/10 on the pain level. Sometime constipated in stool. I had a abdominal ultrascan ,Endoscopy9stomeck) CT Scan with pelvic Everything is normal. But pain is still its not cured.Doctor says it’s a problem for IBS.I guess, i'm just confused to what this could be, anxiety etc, but can anxiety really cause this pain for this long? oh, also i have tried buscopan and that has not really worked at all, so i think i might be able to rule out IBS?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

PL REPLAY POSSIBLIE SUGGECTION
  • Posted

Hi. I have been experiencing mild stomach cramps/aches since Christmas. They would come and go and would not be brought on by anything in particular that I ate or did. They are located on my left and right sides and in the area underneath my belly button. Recently I've noticed a stitch like feeling in theses areas when I'm walking or playing (at ease not intense) football. I've been to the doctors and they keep telling me they're nothing to worry about, but still at a loss as to what they could be? I have no other symptoms (blood in stools/urine, nausea, weight loss etc). Just replying more to let you know you're not alone and to see what others reply. Good luck with your search!

• Posted

Anxiety can cause pain to last this long especially if ir is IBS.  IBS is chronic and life long. It rarely goes away on its own.  There is no cure for IBS.  It can only be managed.  Your symptoms do sound like IBS especially if your abdominal pain moves about and your doctor has suggested it.

I think IBS can still be ruled in!  With IBS, you may have to try several medications to find one that works for you.  Just because one medication doesn’t work, doesn’t necessarily mean that you don’t have IBS.  I tried Mebeverine when under diagnosis and it made me worse so I thought it couldn’t be IBS and I had something serious.  But I was diagnosed with IBS and I tried Buscopan and it worked for me.  My health anxiety cleared up and my IBS improved dramatically.  Everyone has their own individual IBS and will respond differently to medications.

• Posted

Stitch like pain, deep grinding pain, dull, stabbing and sore to touch pain are typical features of IBS.
    • Posted

With IBS, you will either have constant pain or come and go pain with remissions.  If you are diagnosed definitively with IBS, ask your doctor for a different antispasmodic that works for you.  Pain and other IBS symptoms can only be managed. It is not a curable condition. It rarely goes away.
    • Posted

Your doctor will be able to tell you for sure if you have IBS.  This is the best person to consult.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.