Abdominal Pain - Non urgent - but need relief?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello!

Two days ago I was sitting down at work and I felt a pinch and a lot of pain in my lower right abdomen.

I thought it was ovulation cramping.

I carried on throughout the day with the pain (it was only an annoyance at this time). Then I started having bowel movements, a lot of them, about every hour. Then they turned to diarrhea. I took tums and immodium to try and help with the pain. immodium stopped the diarrhea until yesterday AM. Yesterday the pain was intermittent, but when it hit it hurt very bad. Same thing this morning. I feel constipated now. I've also been nauseated. Now when the pain hits it stops me in my tracks. I have to stop what I'm doing and wait a minute or two for the pain to pass.

I've called my doctor. I've called urgent care. I've even called my OBGYN. All of them hear "right side pain" and try to direct me to the ER. I just want some relief. I'm tired of feeling on again off again pain and I'm tired in general!

Any tips?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Follow the advice from your doctors and go to ER where you will get tests, diagnosis and treatment.

• Posted

If it is non urgent then wait a day or two. If it still persists then the E/R is a good choice. The pain is most likely gas followed by diarrhea and is most likely caused by something you ate.

• Posted

let us knkw what it is i have the same thing

• Posted

Hi!

I went to the doctor yesterday. I was having stabbing pains lasting 1-3 mins happening every 5 minutes or so.

I had a low grade fever (99). The doctor suggested I stay home from work today (I did not) and advised that I flush my system out. She said if I spike a high fever and begin to vomit I need to go to the ER right away. If I have pain that wakes me up in the middle of the night, same thing, go to the ER. If the pain gets any worse than it is, then i have to go to the ER.

She said unfortunately, it could be the start of something serious, or it could just be a virus that needs to get out of my system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.