Abdominal pain on right side for 2 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, so I've been having abdominal pain on my right side for 2 weeks now. It was on and off at first but now it seems more constant. It moves around from below my ribcage to much lower. I have no other symptoms. I'm 18 years old and I want to go to a doctor about it but I have very important exams in the next 3 weeks that I want to finish first and I've already had 2 health scares in the past month and now this problem is starting to get to me. The pain doesn't seem to be affected by much but it does seem to go away if I move around more and worsen the more I think about it. Any ideas what it might be?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your health is more important than your school exams.
    • Posted

I would normally agree but these are my A-Levels and I have to do well enough to get into university. Usually I wouldn't care.

• Posted

Hi gina52043

It may be due to stress regarding your A Levels...or it could be grumbling appendix. If the pain gets worse go to your local A & E....best wishes with your exams....

• Posted

Have your bowel habits changed?  If your pain moves all over your stomach as well, you may have IBS especially since your pain gets worse when you think about it.  However, this is only one possibility and you should see a doctor to get a firm diagnosis and testing done to rule out other causes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.