Abdominal Pain related to movement

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have an an abdominal pain that feels like I've been punched in the stomach. It's not related to eating, it's not gas, it's not acid reflux either. This pain is felt all over my abdominal wall and is intermittent, as in one minute I'll be fine, and the next I'm in severe pain as if someone had just punched me in the stomach. I've also noticed that it's related to movement, like crunching or stretching my stomach causes the pain to return. Though poking my stomach doesn't. The pain feels deeper than something i can touch. Also, to my surprise, ibuprofen helped ease the pain. Does anyone have any idea whwhait could be? This is the second day I get this pain (not in a row).

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

do you do a lot of sport? / exericse;

The body is a complicated thing' in terms of referred pain and suchlike; ie. the liver uses a lot of glutamine; and draws this from the gut- so even if it isn't #food related'; it may be becuase the liver is requiring glutamine and suchlike; and the liver doesn't rpoduce this; but takes it from the gut.. If this were the case; then it might point to a need to assist your liver.. (just an explanation as to why you can get stomach pain). Alternative it could be other things like an ulcer and h pylori in fection which woudl require a change in diet (test frm GP to confirm?).  so it does seem that even if it isn't 'food' related; you might benefit from looknig at your diet; and introducing foods to assist.

Only You know what is in your daily diet (may be really good) but Nsaids and constant crisp eating and suchlike can cause build up of fats over time and can affect the liver; which then has a knock on oaffect on the gallbladdre and it's production and the bowels (stomach).  Not sure if this helps; but can't do any harm smile

Can't hurt to introduce anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory foods and a glutamine tablet once in a while. There are some natural foodstuffs out there. smile

• Posted

Hi mozer0

If ibuprofen eased the pain then something is inflamed in your abdomen as Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug.....you may have an inflamed gallsbladder due to g.bladder stones or inflammation in the bile duct.....best go see yr doc and ask for an ultrasound scan

• Posted

hi lilian; i think you are right; i think that gallbladder can become inflamed and the liver is part responsible; but so can h pylori; liquorice can kill this bug (DGL frm a healthfood store).

Good luck wiht that Mozer...... together wtih some antiinflammatory foods; tumeric/garlic. ANd some milk thistle to aid the liver. (which works together with the liver to produce bile which could also inflame the gallbladder).

• Posted

How do you know it is not related to acid reflux? I just talked to someone else here. Anything to do with the stomach can usually be found with a scope done, instead of a bunch of tests. Rule out any stomach issues, and it could be possible muscle spasms, if you work out alot? It sounds like a stomach problem, but I am not a doctor. It couldn't hurt to get a second opinion if you should see a doctor with knowledge of stomach issues. Good Luck to you.
  • Posted

It sounds like spasm or cramps to me - have you used antspasmodics such as Buscopan?     Initially i try fennel or Chamomille tea and if they are not helpful then an antispasmodic called Spasmonal.      Try not to imagind that it's very serious otherwise the stress will make the pain worse.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your replies! The pain only lasted 2 days. I'm not sure what it was. Pepto Bismol didn't help, Gas X didn't help either. That's how I knew it wasn't an acid reflux or gas problem. I don't think it was excercise either as I've never gotten such pain from excercise before. I just did a full abs workout today, to see if it triggers the problem again (I don't think it will). Whatever it was, I hope it's gone for good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.