Abdominal pain with a constant feeling of needing to poop

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have recently had a change in my bowel movements. I have always gone every morning like clockwork but this last week things have been different. It started with different coloured stools (almost like a dark green) but that went away as the abdominal pain & feeling of always being "busting to go" even when I get off the toilet. I have also had a mild fever, stiff/sore neck & insomnia. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello mate,

I tried chia seeds these are really good, soothing for stomach and intestines. Expands with water.

drink a lot of water with this, let me know how it goes. I cannot say how much this has helped me been amazing. Fairly cheap and easy to get.

• Posted

Have you had any tests done? Your symptoms sound very much like ibs but if this is something that just started could be a viral or bacterial infection. If this keeps up I would suggest you see your doctor to rule out possibilities.

Sometimes stool can be the color of the food you consumed for various reasons. The feeling of incomplete evacuation is very common with ibs. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Audrey,

Thanks for your reply. I also have greenish colored stools. I believe it is Diverticulitis. I have already had one round of Antibiotics but it doesn't seemed to have helped as its come back. I will need to go back to see him again.

Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.