Abdominal pains

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am baffled now hospital said i havent got ibs so why am i in so much pain all the time at top of stomach left side next to ribs its not my hernia as thats near the bottom of stomach according to the nurse it feels like something heavy is just under my ribs and very painful 24/7 its badley getting me down now feel like giving up as doc treated me for years for ibs filling me with all sorts of meds

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried cutting dairy and gluten out of your diet?? I would try this, giving each at least a three week trial. It has taken me years to discover that dairy gives me digestive issues. Worth a try.

good luck

• Posted

yes hardly take dairy products but what a do take stopped for a while but no change thank you x

• Posted

have you had an endoscopy, CT or ultrasound?

• Posted

yes to both but ct scan didnt go far up my tummy think this is how they missing something shouldnt be sore 24/7 been years now losing a lot of weigh

• Posted

sorry but it does sound like your hh, unless you have got a gallbladder issue, or your liver?? an ultra sound and an endoscopy will rule out probs at the top end of your tum.

• Posted

a have asked doctor for more test but looks like am not getting then xx

• Posted

Has gastritis been mentioned?It might still be you Hiatus Hernia causing pain as well; nurses don't have the same medical knowledge as doctors. You need to see a gastroenterologist to determine if you HH is the cause.

• Posted

Hi Jean,

I have had severe stomach problems for years and still don't have an answer. I've had scans, mri seen a dietitian and still don't have an answer. They have given up on me. Have you had any scans done?

• Posted

Sorry, im on my phone and never seen the other answers. Have you got anywhere with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.