Abdominal pains for 8 months driving me mad

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 28 year old male.i have been suffering with pains mainly in left upper quadrant but the pain does go literally everywhere on my abdomen the pains are horrible.the doctors can't seem to diagnose anything I've had numerous of blood test to check for things.ive had a ultrasound and stool test done all clear.its driving me insane it's all I think about.im worried sick it could be cancer and they are not picking it up.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you jason I'm the same things are coming back clear but my dr suspects gastritis I had blood tests for imflamation n full blood count this morning I'm praying something shoes, I just understand how can be in so much pain yet nothing showing it's crazy I get so frustrated I haven't got time for this as I'm sure you feel the same I've got horrendous pains in both arms and shoulders too my results are due back to me tues, the thought of cancer has crossed my mind too I'm completely banking something's found on today's blood tests have you had endoscopy I haven't yet

• Posted

I too have this, I'm only 10 weeks in, I can't imagine 8 months! I've had many blood tests, an ultrasound and all have come back clear. I am due a ct scan in a few days so I'm hoping something will show up. I've had medication for gastritis and also ibs but nothing works. I feel its not digestive tho. I will follow your discussion as would like to know how you get on. X

• Posted

I'm interested to know if you have had endoscopy as I believe this is the best test for finding out a lot more than other tests show 

• Posted

No I havent, ive had a ct scan today, results in 7-10 days. Maybe an endoscopy may be mentioned by my doctor if nothing shows on the ct. Is an endoscopy a camera down the throat (my guess without googling) I do not like the thought of that one bit if so
    • Posted

Yes it is camera down throat. No I don't like thought of that either lol but I'm in so much pain I'm thinking do what you want. I need answers I should get results of my blood tests tomorrow something better show up x

• Posted

Do you have any bowel habit change, incomplete evacuation, or temporary relief after a bowel movement? Stomach pain that moves about along with these other symptoms is typical of IBS which doesn't show on scans. Does your pain move to your lower abdomen?

I had the exactly the same worries as you because of the lack of diagnosis and I was diagnosed with IBS in the end.  I thought about my symptoms constantly too.  However, worry will make your symptoms worse; it did with me. 

• Posted

Hi..I did have a period where my stools seemed softer and the odd bout of diarrhoea but for last few my stools have been perfectly normal go between 1-3 times a day sometimes it's like little balls stuck together then it's normal again in the same session.sometimes I get lower pain but main one is where my left rib cage is.thing is I went on holiday for ten days and didn't get one pain come back and it's back 🤔.sometimes the pain is dull then it could be quick and sharp but it does go all over.luq,ruq.middle. I'm sure if it was anything serious I would of got worse After 8 months ? 

• Posted

I had pain that moved all over my stomach for three and half months along with nausea, constipation, back pain and loose, urgent stools.  I had four different types of pain, dull, sharp or stabbing, deep seated and sore to touch.  My symptoms were constant and daily until I got diagnosed with IBS.  After this my pain got better and my panic disappeared.  The more you concentrate on your pain, the longer it will last.

If all your tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.  With IBS, when you are in a more relaxed atmosphere, such as a holiday, your symptoms will feel better because your mind is distracted. Once you come back home, you return to the normal stresses and strains of life and this can trigger the pain again.  I have experienced this.

Go back to your doctor and ask about IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.