Abdominal pains mystery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if any one had any ideas or symptoms alike.

i became poorly in November 2013, with upper abdominal pains. These were like cramps, contractions and a horse shoe of pain under my rib cage but more too my right hand side, I also had swelling and bloated feeling. At the same time which the doctors now don't think are linked , I had server bleeding for 16 days, which caused dizziness , nausea and lower abdominal pain. I was put on medication and had a ultra sound. This came back with fibroids . Over time I started to feel better. 

2 weeks ago I was woken by stomach cramps . I fell back asleep till the morning. When I got up I felt like I was either going to be sick or start with the runs. After a couple of hours of cramps I finally had a bowel movement ( loose) . The cramps got worse so I went to the doctors who admitted me to hospital. While in hospital I had a CT scan, a X-ray,another ultra sound, camera down my throat, urine tests, blood tests, stool tests and the camera in my lady bits. The result was again fibroids and a cyst on my right ovary . Nothing else was found my BP was normal and so was my temp, even though I felt like I was burning up on the inside and cold sweats on the outside. I was given a lot of medication including morphine which just didn't take the pain way.

i saw a gyni who said that the cyst was only 2cm and was nothing to do with any of my problem and dye would send for me in 6 weeks. My other Doctors said they didn't know what was causing it and to go home with some medication ( some meaning 20+ a day) .

when I got home I still felt the same as I went in but even more frustrated , as I really did have high hopes that I would get an answer.

i went to my doctors today as I felt just as bad as a fortnight ago and was wondering if there was anything else left to try. My doctor told my about my abscess on my ovary which had blood in it (I thought it was a cyst , not sure if that makes any difference) she gave me more tablets to take so now on 30 a day. Again she was completely baffled by it all and as requested another blood test for something maybe they didn't test in hospital but apart from that she said also nothing else to do. I'm at my wits end with the pain and also would real like to get some resolution so I can try and control it as best as I can, as I have my dream job and still on probation and worried I could loose my job.

Please no matter who small your idea might be let me know so maybe I can tick that box too. Thank you in advance

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I would love to be able to tick one or more of your boxes but would be lying if I said I could, lying and arrogant, sorry. I know what the andomen pains are and how horrible the whole thing is and the worry. Do hope it gets sorted soon and you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Thank you for your message. I'm hoping it gets sorted soon too , as I feel very alone on this and that the medical team think I'm making it up and wish I and it would just disappear 
    • Posted

Wow wouldn't it be great if it just disappeared, we would all love that with all of our illnesses. Are you really alone or do you have anyone there who cares?
    • Posted

I have a great family but they just don't know what to say and I'm sick of sounding like a winge . When I say alone I meant within the medical side the ones I can only rely on to help me with answers . They seem to read my notes and say what more can I do to help. It feels like a brick wall . Just wish I knew what to do next 
    • Posted

Must be difficult but better than no family at all, which is awful, believe me.
  • Posted

I am so sorry for your pain. When you are out, like at work, do you ever have a sick feeling come over you? Do you have any constipation? I also have been driving my family nuts. They have no answers and neither do my doctors. Did you have a colonoscopy? I had to, but it had nothing to do with my symptoms, which they they told me later.
    • Posted

Whata nice person you are. Why did you have a colonoscopy if it was not about symptoms?
    • Posted

No never feel sick with it and I go to the loo ok too. Colonoscopy and MRI are the 2 things I havnt had. How long gave you been like this ? 
    • Posted

What are all of your symptoms? How long for? What medicine do you take now?
    • Posted

Symptoms are bloated & swelling, intense pain right between my rib cage at the bottom which is also the top of your stomach , cramps, cold sweats the pain is constant. I'm one about 38 tablets a day. 3 lots of pain ones which include tramadol, 2 lots of antibiotics , a reflux one, a bowel one and something else. I don't know the names . This started in no vlast year and went away after a couple of month then flared up again over 2 weeks ago 
    • Posted

You know if it goes away completely or almost and comes back it is not something serious such as the nasty c word.

But taking so many tablets doesn't sound good to me and they must have side effects. I tried tramadol and was worse on them than without them.

• Posted

Do you find the tramadol helps then? I am now taking them for my pain and it takes the edge off of it. When I first took them they were wonderful and it would last days.
  • Posted

The doctor wanted me to have the colonoscopy because of my age and my first doctor because he thought maybe it had something to do with my problems. 

I am always constipated and feel like I have to eat all the time, even though I am not hungry, it just seems like I am.

I have been feeling like this since January, but got worse in March after I had my gallbladder out.

• Posted

Hi sorry about your mystery pain. You should tell the doctors to look into Hereditary Angioedema

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.