abdominal paint below both ribs and right flank, fluctuating blood results

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been back and forth from doctors since January. I came back from a lads break with severe abdominal pain to my upper right side and upper left side radiating to my back. I was also vomiting and i found a lump on my testicles. I went to the doctors straight away and was then advised to go for blood tests. I also had an ultrasound on my testicles and it turned out to be an epididymis cyst. My blood test results came back with my alt levels at 147 and my ast at 60, which the doctors wanted to keep an eye on. I was referred for an colonoscopy as i had blood in my stool and that came back clear with some haemorrhoids and no further action was needed. During this time, i also had a few more blood tests conducted and my alt levels were slowly decreasing. I had an ultrasound on my abdominal, which came back clear so back to the gp I went. My last two blood tests, ALT gone down to 40 but all of a sudden my gfr levels went to 46 and my creatinine levels went to 160. I was referred to hospital straight away the next day for more bloods. i wanted to continue on with the first bit. My ultrasound and CT scan came back and they said there was a build-up of fluid in my right kidney and they have referred me to an urologist. My blood tests all of a sudden shown an increase in bilirubin levels at 26, normal range is below 20, my alt steady at 40, normal range is below 35, and my gfr has gone back to over 90 and my creatinine gone back to 87. I am so worried about what it could be. They have eliminated CKD, but now i am worried about pancreatic cancer, kidney cancer, lymphoma etc. i fear the worst. I have also had change in stools, consistency, frequency, slight itchiness but I don’t know if that’s my mind telling me.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi RyanWills

Can you please give full name of abbreviations:....Alt, CKD, ast, gfr,.....some of us are not medical professionals and don't always know medical abbreviations, perhaps some but not all....

• Posted

sorry alt (alanine aminotranferase) ckd (chronic kidney disease) ast (Aspartate Aminotransferase) and gfr (Glomerular Filtration Rate).

to add i have not been feeling myself, infeel weird, like confused in a sense, just not my normal self at all. im hoping that if it was anything sinister they would have picked up on it by now. i just really want to get back to normality

• Posted

Hi RyanWills

I would wait until you see the Urologist. The build up of fluid around the kidney is a Urology case. I would think your doc is thinking around kidney problem. I would not worry about it as you say if your doc thought it to be really urgent you would have seen seen by now. What symptoms are you experiencing?...

• Posted

abdominal pain radiating to my back, nausea, groin pain. my bloods are always changing, one pattern i have noticed is my bilirubin raising 4 times in a row from 12, 13, 18, 20 the 26 which is above normal.

• Posted

Hi RyanWills

You may have a condition called unilateral hydronephrosis meaning one blocked kydney which is not emptying urine properly, if it is both kidneys it would be bilateral hydronephrosis. This causes the symptoms you have described. If i were you i would go to my nearest A & E as if this condition is left for a while it can get pretty serious. If you are worried go to A & E and tell them your symptoms and what tests doc has done and your bloods are fluctuating and that you have been referred to Urology. Also you are at A & E because your symptoms are getting worse. Don't be anxious about going there, that's what they are their for.....image

• Posted

Hi RyanWills

Are you ok? didn't get a reply back from you🤔🤔

• Posted

hi mary, so sorry i am almost certain i sent a reply. thank you for that information. the doctor has said what that is on my kidney but it shouldnt be causing the pain i am experiencing. i have been feeling so tired this week, not wanting to get out of bed, so demotivated and distant from everything and everyone. i am going privately for a second opinion. i went to hospital on friday and i just feel as if i cant go back again but yeah i think i might go back tomorrow! i just dont get why different bloods are coming back all over the place then going back to normal. my billirubin level has really frightened me as it keeps going up, i know its not high but its just the pattern

• Posted

Hi RyanWills

Billirubin is associated with your liver as you probably already know. Do you drink alcohol quite alot?...there is a condition called 'Gilberts Syndrome' that presents with fluctuating billirubin and stool changes.(check it out).You also mention itching which is also connected to liver problems. It would be a good idea to go to the hospital because hospital appts take so long. You could however, go private for an initial consultation then you will be referred back to nhs waiting list, assuming your residing in UK...what did your dock say about your kidney??

• Posted

ive read up about that. im going to push for more blood tests and see if its gone up even more of gone down. i know it can go up if youre stressed dehydrated etc so hopefully its thats more than anything. ive been referred to a urologist about the fluid in my kidney, the hospital said there will probably be another scan. i have just paid to go private to see the gastroenterologist for a second opinion. when i went to the hospital they was baffled why i have never been seen by one anyway and had an endoscopic so i think thats what ill be referred to. its past 5 months now and all i seem to be doing it waiting, im on urgent referrals but they are still taking 2-3 weeks at a time.

• Posted

Hi RyanWills

What a nightmare!...i do hope you get some answers soon, waiting around is stressful it's no wonder your bloods are fluctuating. Try to relax and not stress, easier said than done i know. Keep us posted of any progress....have a good day...👍😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.