Abdominal pressure 6+months located right side, mid abdomen

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can’t describe it as pain only intense pressure. Constant, only relief when I sleep. Had my gallbladder removed because it was the only thing they could find wrong with me and it’s right in that area. Pressure is back, same as before. Had MRI, CT scan, X-ray. Doctors saw Nothing. I’m desperate for answers, it’s ruining my life. Thank you. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It’s shocking that so many people end up with their gall bladder been taken out, sometimes as much as 8/10 folk still get pain in that area, why doctors are so quick to take out the gall bladder, I’ll never know. Why did they take it out Sean? Was it stones? 
    • Posted

No stones but they said it was only functioning at 5%. But it didn’t bring any relief. I literally have no other symptoms besides the constant pressure, almost like there’s a golf ball in there. Nothing showed up on any of the scans.
    • Posted

Try digestive enzymes Sean, there good when you have had your gallbladder removed. Dr Mercola does a good one, he’s a bit expensive, but he does quality natural products. You’ll find it on amazon, you can get cheaper priced digestive enzymes that are more or less as good on Amazon. 

• Posted

Gallbladder removal can disturb abdominal nerves and can cause neuralgia.  There is also the possibility of stomes in the bile duct.
  • Posted

dose it get worse after alcohol or no difference
    • Posted

No difference. Alcohol takes the edge off, if I didn’t have self control, I would become an alcoholic to hide the pressure.
  • Posted

Hi there Sean. May i ask what kind of pain do you feel? And how often? Do you feel pain from upper middle abdomen too? I always get this acid indigestion/heartburn pain now and then, i was diagnosed of Gallstone October of last year. What kind of medication do you take for your pain? Everything’s fine on your blooworks?
    • Posted

I had my gallbladder removed because they thought that was causing my pressure. It’s back a month later though. The pressure is right at the bottom of my rib cage on the right side. I’m constantly digging at it to try and relieve it. It’s not pain, just a constant pressure. Like there’s something in there or in lamens terms, feels like my rib is poking something constantly. It is more noticeable when I’m sitting but there are no other symptoms and my tests came back fine.  Ct scan, mri, X-ray. Blood work is fine too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.